How does anyone make money on ebay - lmao - I sell 8 things for 30 bux and ebay wants almost 9 of it

Gimme a break - 9 bux in fees on 30 bux of sales on supposedly "free" listings - ebay is the master of all rip offs - that's it for me - burn me once, shame on you - burn me twice .... - ebay, you SUCK

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How does anyone make money on ebay - lmao - I sell 8 things for 30 bux and ebay wants almost 9 of it

Ebay charges 10% final value fee on the sale and the shipping. Why would you charge $12.27 CDN to mail a magazine within Canada? So you are paying ebay $1.28 CDN final value fee on the shipping and the buyer is going to be angry for being gouged on shipping cost. You burned yourself and your buyers, ebay did not burn you.

Your items are not being bid on by many buyers because of the shipping gouge. Tracked packet to USA for $13.32 US? Really??? on a $2 magazine.  That is why your final bid prices were so low.

The actual CDN $ cost to mail it within Canada in an envelope with stamps is as follows:

2cm thickness or less

up to 100g = $1.80

101 to 200g = $2.95

201 to 300g = $4.10

301 to 400g = $4.70

401 to 500g = $5.05

You pay gst/hst on stamps as well. In manitoba it is 5% tax on stamps.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Why are you charging such outrageous shipping costs? That is where you went wrong. Yes you did burn yourself and your buyers.

We ship worldwide every day and those costs you are charging your buyers are bringing you down and keeping reasonable people from bidding/buying.

Cost to send those items in an envelope to usa 2 cm or thinner is:

up to 100grams is $2.95 CDN stamps

up to 200grams light packet usa air is $5.00 CDN tax included (manitoba)

201 to 300grams light packet usa air is $7.00 CDN tax included (manitoba)

Why not ship to UK, Australia, New Zealand and such? Your sales will skyrocket.

Cost to ship overseas for the same 2cm thick envelope:

up to 100grams is $5.90 CDN in stamps

up to 200grams light packet international air is $7.50 CDN tax included (manitoba price)

Ebay only charges 10% on the domestic shipping cost so there is another bonus. If your domestic cost to Canada is $1.80 then ebay only charges you 10% on $1.80 and not 10% on the actual cost of say $5.90 to UK.

Never ship surface, always ship air.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Buy your postage here: https://www.paypal.com/shipnow

The pricing is cheaper than the post office. They do not sell stamps.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

shipnow was closed for Canadians at the end of July after paypal/eBay split into separate companies.

Cheap shipping through paypal is now tied directly to an eBay or paypal invoice.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

The pricing is only cheaper through paypal for certain services. There is no discount for light or small packet.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

But there are discount postage stamps for sale on eBay.

As much as 20% off including tax and shipping.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I do believe the OP jumped in with both feet, then drowned.

We have seen this before, have we not? New seller, knows what they are doing, gets mad, screams, yells, quits.

A lot of Rolling Stone papers sell for $9.99US, free shipping. Our OP could have sold for the same, paid the $3, or whatever, to mail paper. Math time:

$10 X .90FVF = $9.00 US

$9 US ~ $11.70 Cdn

$11.70 - $3 postage =$8.70 gross profit after FVF and mailing.

OP bought into the "tracking" nonsense. Killed sales and boosted costs.

OP, there are a lot of old dogs that can teach you new tricks, here.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Dude, don't blame eBay for your own mistakes.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply