How has my item sold to a Signapore Buyer? only put US as the international shipping option

How do I deal with this....
I had an action up and it was slated to only ship to Canada and the U.S., but the winner of the auction is from Singapore. that changes the shipping price. 
I just found it weird that it wasn't sold to a US or Canadian buyer.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How has my item sold to a Signapore Buyer? only put US as the international shipping option

You can specify where you want to ship but unless you block countries you don’t ship to, they can still purchase your items.  It’s possible that the buyer has a North American address that they want you to ship to but if they don’t, they won’t be able to pay unless you are willing to ship to their country.  If you are willing to ship there you would have to send an invoice with a shipping cost to their location.  If you don’t want to ship there, cancel the transaction using the problem with address reason.

To block buyers from other countries from bidding go to the following link and check off ‘block buyers without a primary shipping address in countries that I don’t ship to’.  Then check off that you apply the setting to current and future listings. 

https://www.ebay.ca/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much for the info!
I don't really want to cancel, but am not really interested in shipping over seas.
what a predicament. I'll definitely check off the countries in the future.
Thanks again and have a great day!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The buyer pays for shipping, so the cost of shipping is not important.

Use Air Mail only when shipping overseas. Surface is too expensive because the delivery window will close before it arrives and the buyer will (correctly) file a Not Received dispute.

The shipping service is YOUR choice. Air Mail and Tracked.

The question becomes, if the buyer possibly files a Not As Described dispute, which is not likely, can you afford to pay for return shipping from Singapore.

All in all, "problem with address" is your best bet here.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Contact the buyer to confirm the shipping address.  A member may have a profile registered in one country, but actually have a shipping address in another( eg registered in Singapore, but living in the USA).  This happened to me just this morning with a buyer from Romania who wanted the item shipped to the USA!

Hope this helps!

TJ

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@tiptoptreasurestop 

Your buyer may be in Romania, but using a Freight Forwarder in the USA.  Is the address in Delaware? Florida?

EBay has it's own forwarder - the Global Shipping Program- which is popular because it gives strong Seller Protection.

If your buyer is using a forwarder, he has given you the second safest kind of address.*

Your responsibility for delivery ends when the forwarder signs for the shipment. So do use tracking!

Otherwise, much of the Money Back Guarantee ends with the forwarder.

*the safest is a post office box.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

this has happened to me in the last two or three weeks, a major increase in the number of folks from countries I am not currently shipping to and have selected "not selling to" in my account settings getting thru anyways and either able to buy item or committed to buy and waiting for invoice.  List of countries: Singapore (3 times!!!), Chile, Brazil, Norway, Finland, Russia - all blocked, all got thru, all cancelled and refunded / relisted.  Annoying as hell especially when I have all of these countries blocked in my account settings.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The majority of your listings show worldwide shipping and the only countries that are blocked are the ones that ebay blocked so you need to check your settings.  When I put my location as Russia, it shows over 1800 listings that ship to Russia and about half of those even have a shipping cost to there.

I noticed that you have some listings that show you ship worldwide but then specify then you block everything except 4 or 5 countries.  Why not just specify that you ship to those countries rather than worldwide.  Then if you use the block that I mentioned in one of my posts to the original poster, any country that you don't list as a ship to country will be automatically blocked.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply