How long does a case stay open?

I sold a craft kit to a new buyer (one with the random numbers and letters ID) in Feb. It was just to Toronto, 40 miles away. A couple of weeks ago she opened a case saying it hadn't arrived. She said that she is a Russian student at a Toronto University, and said that she is in a dorm, so if we take it, can we make sure we take it to the right room!!

I replied immediately and explained that it was mailed and asked her to check and see if someone else had taken it in. There was no reply so I wrote to her email address a couple of times in case the eBay one went to spam or something, but 2 weeks later, still no reply. The case remains open, and I am wondering how long it will stay that way.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

May be will be correct to get her phone number thru eBay and to call her?

I had used this approach a couple of times and it was right thing to do... With all this "sorry for disturbance", etc...)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I had someone open a return case and never closed it after i refunded money  and got item back. Just went away after 3 weeks.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I haven't been in that situation but some sellers have said that it takes about 30 days.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I haven't refunded, I needed to find out if she had found it, being sent to a dorm I guess anyone could have picked it up. I am just hoping that she has it, just not let me know.

Can she still ask for a refund at this stage?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

she opened an "item did not arrive "case? I guess that's different than mine i'm sure if she does not answer it will go away.

eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines

-If the buyer doesn't ask us to step in and help within 30 days of reporting that they didn't receive an item, the request closes automatically.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If it is still within the regular filing time and the case is still open, I would think that she could still ask for a refund. But since you haven't heard from her, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply