How long does eBay give a buyer to accept a partial refund offer to settle a case?

I posted earlier about a buyer contacting me & leaving me negative feedback immediately then opening a case. I really did not feel that there was a legitimate problem with the item as it was an unused item. Think she perhaps just wanted to get it for a little less. However I asked the buyer to send pics - she eventually did and I could not see the problem she was referring to. I asked her if she wanted to return for a refund. She complained that it would cost her about 1/2 the refund to ship back to me. I offered to give her a full refund if she returned it or if she wanted to keep it I would refund her 50% of the total price with shipping which I thought was more than fair. She replied she wanted to do that so I posted the offer on the case and eBay contacted her. This was on July 17th and the case shows as waiting for her response.I sent her another message saying that eBay would have contacted her and that she needed to respond with her acceptance so that she could get the refund. I am not familiar with cases of this nature - the only ones I have ever had where ones where I filed for non-paying bidder to get my FVF back or once when a buyer did not give sufficient time for shipping and it was closed when item received. How long does eBay wait for her to respond and what do they do if she doesn't. If anyone is familiar with this would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How long does eBay give a buyer to accept a partial refund offer to settle a case?

Buyer finally responded on 6th day so guess I no longer need the information although it would be interesting to find out.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buyer finally responded on 6th day so guess I no longer need the information although it would be interesting to find out.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply