How to Access Original Price for Item Before Discount After Sale

I sent out offers to buyers for discounts and one of my buyers says she paid the original price by mistake.  I don't doubt that she's telling the truth, but is there some way for me to see what the price of the item was before the discount?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That is :  When I look at the item I can only see one price and I don't know if it's the original price or the discounted price.  Is there any way to tell the difference?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@sylviebee 

From recent tests the offer history disappears after the item sells.  As a side, you are supposed to be able to retract an offer if you make a mistake but that link(by my testing, that link is no longer is available to do so.) 

Previously the sold listings showed if an item sold with best offer and its amount. Now that info is hidden from a shoppers/buyers perspective.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks.  Yes, I've tried everything I know and there seems to be no way to access the original price.  I don't know how much of a discount I offered and I'd like to refund the overpayment.  I don't even know for sure if there was an overpayment.

Very annoying.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Actaully, I just figured out to see the original price.  When I go to "sell similar" it shows the original price.  they really should fix that though.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Did she pay the discounted or the original price?

Just being nosy.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

She paid the original price and then sent a note very politely telling me that she'd made a mistake and paid via the original listing instead of the offer I'd sent her.  Later she sent a note telling me to just leave it as it is.

She's a repeat buyer and I did refund the overpayment.   

Very annoying not to be able to access the history.  I go down the line and offer discounts when I have watchers and the amount is different for every item and it would be nice to have a record of the original price and the discounted price.

Also annoying that I spent so much time looking for something that logicly should be available but isn't.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I use eBay My Note feature to note what offer discount I set with date. I also use the offer auto decline and accept features

I also use the note feature for when I last checked and verified a listing details.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply