How to Get a Buyer's Contact Information

I used to go to Advanced Search and be able to access a buyer's contact information but they must have changed that because I can't find the option.

Does anyone know how to get a buyer's phone # etc.?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

You can find their email easily, it's in the PayPal payment notification message.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The support people must have misunderstood your questions because to say that info is no longer available is incorrect.

Like PJ mentioned the customer phone number is provided in the Sales Record which can be accessed from the Seller Hub "Orders" tab.

From the All Orders list scroll down to the order you want to work with, then click on the blue Order number located directly above the listing's image thumbnail.
That blue number is a direct link to the Sales Record. The customer phone number is kept there for 90 days, The email is there too but is hidden after 14 days.

Logging into PayPal and checking the order details also provides the phone number.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You can usually see the buyers phone number on the Sellers Hub order page...click on the arrow on the left and then view record

If it isn't there, I don't know if it is available anywhere else. The feature you are referring to was taken off a while ago.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, right.  Just got off the phone with eBay and then PP.  The info is no longer available.

The PO is tracing an item for me and then I'm going to open an insurance claim but I don't have the buyer's phone number or email and  they are asking for that info.

If the buyer isn't cooperating there's no way to get the info. they are asking for.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You can find their email easily, it's in the PayPal payment notification message.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Thank you.  Found it.  Just have to reply to the PP message and the email comes up.

PJ, I'm on the seller's hub order page but can't find any phone numbers there.   Where should I be looking?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The support people must have misunderstood your questions because to say that info is no longer available is incorrect.

Like PJ mentioned the customer phone number is provided in the Sales Record which can be accessed from the Seller Hub "Orders" tab.

From the All Orders list scroll down to the order you want to work with, then click on the blue Order number located directly above the listing's image thumbnail.
That blue number is a direct link to the Sales Record. The customer phone number is kept there for 90 days, The email is there too but is hidden after 14 days.

Logging into PayPal and checking the order details also provides the phone number.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

meisnotcool
Community Member

Is there an update on this now that sales no longer go through PayPal? I can't find the buyer's phone number anywhere.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@meisnotcool wrote:

Is there an update on this now that sales no longer go through PayPal? I can't find the buyer's phone number anywhere.

In checking orders from July info is still available(Ph) for these transactions from arrow down tab on left and shipping info on right from order details.

If it's a US order and used Shippo the eBay addy will show on customs form if you kept a copy. Always a good idea as a back up......for emergencies. 

You can also click on the seller id on right and message from their feedback page.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 8
latest reply