How to ask for payment

An item that was supposed to be delivered by Canada Post at the beginning of October has finally being delivered (tracking shows delivered yesterday, Nov. 5th) after I refunded the buyer and the person being uncooperative with Canada Post when I opened a not delivery claim, and tell them that the item hadn't been delivered.

How do I address this person and let him know that a payment woul be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How to ask for payment

Start by realizing that at best you have a 50/50 chance of getting anything from him.

But yes, you could send your PP address to him through Messages just as he can send his to you. EBay is much more relaxed about contact information after there has been a transaction.

Try to make your Message cheerful and friendly.

"I see your purchase has finally been delivered by Canada Post. You can return the refund to me at rio @  myserver . org. I think it only fair that we forget the shipping and just make it  the original purchase price of $XX.xx . Thank you !"

Don't expect much. Don't get in a conversation. And be ready to add him to your Blocked Bidder List.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How to ask for payment

@rio1953 wrote:

An item that was supposed to be delivered by Canada Post at the beginning of October has finally being delivered (tracking shows delivered yesterday, Nov. 5th) after I refunded the buyer and the person being uncooperative with Canada Post when I opened a not delivery claim, and tell them that the item hadn't been delivered.

How do I address this person and let him know that a payment woul be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

If you are having no luck with ebay you may be able to connect with your customer directly from the transaction details and politely ask for re-payment. If they are open to that they can pass on their paypal address and you can send them an invoice.

If that doesn't work and your parcels meets CP regulations for Late Delivery you can submit a request using the online link. See attached. It will not cover goods but at bare minimum your postage. According to the 2nd link guaranteed delivery is supposed to be back in play. You may have just reached an agent that was being difficult. 

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/receiving/mail-delivery/request-a-refund-fo...

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/notices.page#tb2

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

How to ask for payment

Hi Lotz,

Can I send my PayPal email to him to send me back a partial payment.

I want to give him free shipping.

is it allowed by EBay?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

How to ask for payment

Start by realizing that at best you have a 50/50 chance of getting anything from him.

But yes, you could send your PP address to him through Messages just as he can send his to you. EBay is much more relaxed about contact information after there has been a transaction.

Try to make your Message cheerful and friendly.

"I see your purchase has finally been delivered by Canada Post. You can return the refund to me at rio @  myserver . org. I think it only fair that we forget the shipping and just make it  the original purchase price of $XX.xx . Thank you !"

Don't expect much. Don't get in a conversation. And be ready to add him to your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply