How to get a personalized e-mail address and ~ how much does it cost year?

Hey guys!

So I've been doing business with a @hotmail.com e-mail address for the past 8 years and never bothered to get a new one for my business.

Now I'm strongly considering getting something more professional with my business name (@vipmp.com).

Do you guys have any idea how much that would cost? All I want if a simple e-mail address. I wouldn't use the domain for anything else.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get them as low as $3.00 . But you need a domain also to have a custom email.

I got a domain on a deal through web hosting Canada for a dollar for a year. ** watch out for the auto renewal contract always turn it off ..

Now i'm not a techie you may need something else to direct the email to the domain. 

I had problems with my website and kinda gave up would love to know how to do it myself.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'll find out what DH uses so you can avoid them. 

He has an absolutely horrible personal email and says that he likes them because they respond so fast to his problems.

I point out that with gmail and hotmail there are NO problems, but it hasn't sunk in.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

GoDaddy have a basic plan, $2.99/month first year (fine print, you have to pay for two years up front and the second year costs more). There are other providers, some a little cheaper.

I've been with GoDaddy 20+ years, email has gone down briefly a couple of times, no serious outages.

Just Google 'domain with email'

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

2.99$ / month sound cheap enough!

However, don't you think I would have to purchase both a domain and then pay for an e-mail address on top?

I'm so confused as to how it works...

Can I simply purchase a domain with GoDaddy and then use my Outlook premium account to create an e-mail address with this domain?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Go to GoDaddy and read the details! The $2.99 plan includes a domain, basically a free domain for the first year and then the usual +/- $20/year after that. You need both a Domain and an email server which is what you get with these cheap plans.

These email accounts are POP3 type which means you can download to your email client (Outlook if you wish, personally I use Thunderbird) or use GoDaddy's webmail interface.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply