How to increase traffic and sales ?

Hello !

I have been selling on eBay for a while and realized that my sells have gone down. I have tried below tactics

- Decrease the qty to 2-3 units

- Offer Free Shipping

- Reduced the handling to 1 business day

- Tried to list new item one or twice in a week

Still not much help. 

I am not qualified to run promotion due to my low sales. 

I feel like I am in a bad circle, as I can't get sales, can't run promotion. Can't run promotion, can't get sales... 

My Amazon sells have increases over time , but eBay looks like it is dead. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Since you started selling in 2019, most of your sales would have been during the pandemic surge in online buying.

Those years were outliers and we are back to pre-pandemic levels.

Most of your items seem to appeal to repair shops rather than private customers who would never need to replace their tools which would be a one off for them.

Were you printing out invoices or packing slips for your customers?

Because eBay purges after 90 days or so.

If you were, you could mail a flyer to those customers , and your AZ customers, advertising your stock, including items you have not been selling on eBay.

• If you want to be sure they open it, use stamps rather than  machine postage on the envelope. And make them commemoratives not the regular tiny ones. People open those.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I dont think its you and unfortunately I dont think there's much if anything you can do about it.  Not surprised to hear that about amazon as thats a much bigger marketplace than here.  For everyone not on amazon its looking like a bad time to be doing this for money.  A number of macroeconomic factors have converged to make prospective buyers disappear.  For me, the big tell of "there are major troubles brewing" has been the steady disappearance of American customers over the last couple months.  Its been unprecedented since I started doing this.    

Prospective customers have sucking chest wounds from paying $2+ a litre gas for the last six months and the price of everything but their salary going up to absolutely stupid levels, like 8.99 for a frozen pizza like I found out the other day.  People only have so much money in their pockets, and its getting eaten up everywhere else, leaving them little for the times they would otherwise come here to buy stuff off us.   

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I noticed in this listing for "Quick Release Long Knife Set ( 13",18" & 24" each)" which sounds like 4 knifes.  

There is a similar listing for "Long Knife 8"13",18",24" Quick Release" and is also for auto glass repair.

I was drawn to their listing as it shows 4 separate knifes and your picture shows one.  It made me wonder what was correct - the picture or title or if it was an all in one handle tool.  The description does say "This Set ( 3 Long Knives)..."  but as a shopper the picture still seems to contradict the description and I will not buy without certainty.  

Other listings are for individual knifes and have a similar picture.   I would check your listings titles, descriptions and pictures against those that are selling and see if there is something they are presented better.  

But at the end of the day, all things being equal, you need to be price competitive on total price including shipping.    You are selling new tools to a specific market where it is easy to price shop.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply