Forum Posts

Refunding minus original shipping

Hi, I need to refund a client for the full purchase price of an item, but not for the original shipping. How to do this in the returns menu when a client requests a return? When I choose a partial refund, it lists ONLY the item price, does not mentio...

2022-09-03_14h07_54.png
User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! new listing tool

Well, I either hit a wrong key or I have been forced to try the new listing tool and am not liking it. How do I get the old tool back? Thanks in advance!

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

END OF SUMMER RESULTS

well my financials are in for the summer and it looks like i have some improvment not much but some have been trying to cost cut here and there to improve my results and some of them worked my sales are down but thats everyone on ebay.ca - has to say...

• 10 replies
  • 4 helpful

Proving Delivery when Paying at CP counter.

How do you prove delivery when you pay at the Canada Post counter? The receipt you are given only has the zip or postal code on it, it does not have the address shipped to. Even if something is tracked you do not have proof that the tracking was for ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Became harder to compete on ebay since canadian sellers registered on .com don't charge tax

It's has become harder to compete on ebay as a hobby seller ever since ebay started charging tax by themselves. It's not that charging tax is wrong, but the problem is US sellers don't charge tax, and canadian sellers who registered on .com don't cha...

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

search on Ebay

Hi, I search regularly in "Sort by category" I enter "Canada" and in "All category" I select "Stamps". For some time I have noticed that the result gives "Auction" and "Auction" items with "Buy it Now" option only. There is never an item with "Good '...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer Making False Return Claim

Hi guys, I have a return request right now where action needs to be taken by Aug. 30th. I sold a brand new Blu-ray box set, originally released in 2013. The buyer is claiming: Digital copy is expired (9 year old set, so this shouldn't be a surprise t...

Any known issues with USPS Sacramento Ca Distribution Center?

I have a package that is seemingly just circling endlessly at the USPS Sacramento California Distribution Center. Note that the facility is just 12 miles from the delivery address. Aug 17, 202212:00amPROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITYSACRAMENTO CA DISTR...

• 31 replies
  • 0 helpful

searching listings

Hi, Has Ebay changed the advanced search?? it will not bring up any items if I try to exclude the words "new, nwt, nib" . So I have to wade through thousands of New items.....very very very annoying. Anyone else have this issue, do you know how to fi...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Set Time Away Today, But All Listings Still Visible!

Set time away a couple of hours ago successfully - to start today, and just sold something! Arrrggghhh! Then I checked, and I can search, browse and purchase all my listings.Does it take time for it to go through, or is this some sort of bug???

Looks like something is missing

I'm trying to place a listing for the first time but am having trouble getting the shipping options to stick. Everything I pick the shipping options I want to include and click "list it" it keeps saying I need to choose a shipping service.Am I doing ...

eBay store task pending

 I subscribed to a store 2 weeks ago and i got a task permanently pending because i do not want to use one of the store features. I'm forced to use every single feature but i personally do not want any 'featured category' on my store page. I tried to...

Capture d’écran 2022-08-26 162834.png Capture d’écran 2022-08-26 162815.png

Delivery method

Hi! Im a newbie on ebay. If I chose local pickup, am i still be able to ship the item to the buyer?

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Winnipeg Ebay Sellers need your help regarding permits

Hi, Winnipeg Ebayers. I'm a brand new Ebay seller.Do I need to apply for a home based business permit and a used goods dealers permit even if I'm new?I plan to sell on Ebay long term. I sell clothing, vintage books, and video games. Thanks

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Has the ebay about me page been discontinued?

I started selling on ebay 20+ years ago but because I was not active when the new rules about where you could sell and in what currency happened I missed the boat. As a result my old ebay ID is useless as I can only list on ebay.com in US$ but ebay w...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay encouraging "negotiation",sigh.

I just saw this pop up when I was sending a question to a seller for a listing. Sure, lets get the idea out there that all prices are negotiable. It happens enough already. Maybe this has been popping up for a while, it is just the first time I saw i...

negotiate.jpg
  • 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

Unable to reply to potential buyer, Secure Connection Failed

I just had a buyer who wants to combine shipping, but they get the message that I don't combine shipping. I tried to reply to them but then I get this message.Secure Connection FailedAn error occurred during a connection to mesg.ebay.ca. Peer’s Certi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! BAD SELLING EXPERIENCE , E BAY HAS GONE HAYWIRE

i sold an item to a buyer in china , due to time differance between CANADA AND CHINA i did not see the transaction until the following day , and in the mean time the buyer sent several messages requesting a full refund and cancellation of the purchas...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping small toys

Hi, I just began selling small toys (mostly happy meal toys) here on ebay. I’m selling them around Canada and in the US.- What would be the most appropriate shipping method that I can use?- Is it appropriate to use flat rate boxes for shipping these ...

Canada Post Snap Ship surcharges post shipping

I don't often buy postage via CP Snap Ship but every time I prepared and shipped a box I was then charged an additional fee because of the box or weight variation.For example I shipped a box measuring 8 x 4 x 4 inches to Edmonton from Toronto. The co...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

eBay charing 50% extra for Below Standard due to "out of stock" when nothing was out of stock ever

I am writing as I was caught off guard by a return feature on eBay which is now costing me 50% extra in Final Value Fees. Maybe a fair warining to someone as busy as myself. I list mostly services and nearly every client of mine/ours is quite pleased...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Comic Book Grading Service. Worth It?

Looking for feedback from members that handle comics or cards, etc. I randomly picked up a stack of comics on a whim, and got lucky. There is one that sells from $350 US to $2,000 US. The ones above $1k are 9.8 out of 10 condition. I have never bough...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Understanding Income Tax on Ebay

I collect retro items and sometimes I add to my personal collection and sell the duplicates. I have tinkered with selling on eBay but wondered the rules for income tax etc. it is not clear to me. Can someone help? I want to be clear on what is accept...

Labels