How to keep quantity sold on an item when soldout ?

I noticed some sellers who have a hot item that goes in and out of stock frequently keep their sold number . The only thing I can see on my edit is to relist the item . How do I sell out of an item but can hold the /** sold when I get more in stock and just want to re activate that listing .

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to keep quantity sold on an item when soldout ?

One technique I used to see was raise the price to a ridiculous amount so no one would buy the item, though I think sellers did this to get around listing limitations rather than preserving sold #s. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I use the out of stock option.  You'll find that in account - site preferences - selling preferences.

It applies to all of your listings so any gtc listings will keep relisting even if the amount is zero until you end the listing yourself.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Account and then Seller Preferences. Show All to see 'Out of Stock Options':

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 5.48.49 PM.png

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

(Sorry, Site Preferences at left which then shows you the Selling Preferences to Show All.)

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@ichopshopsaid:

raise the price to a ridiculous amount so no one would buy the item,

Nope.

Not allowed.

(Although a lot of people do it.)

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/listing-no-item.html

Listings that are out of stock but left active, often with a drastically increased price to prevent purchases. (See the out-of-stock option for Good 'Til Cancelled listings.)

It doesn't make sales, and there is a good chance the potential customer will note you as a crooked, greedy seller.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply