How to see sold item size details?

Sold an item and the buyer picked Canada Post Small Packets - USA - Air. But the package is over the size limit for that option. I want to see the original package dimensions i entered to see if I made a mistake when inputting the size. I can't figure out how to do that? In the past I couldn't make a mistake like that because eBay would reject listings with invalid shipping options for size inputted.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@7366carl 

Just go back to your sold listing, click on it as if you wanted to relist or use the sell similar button and you can view your original listing format. When you are finished viewing, just cancel the "almost completed" listing. If you thought there was a chance you may reuse that listing you could also save to draft for up to 3 months. Saving for 3 months never seems to be 100 written in stone as to whether or not it will work before 3 months time ends.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Thank you. So I created similar and it let me list the item with invalid dimensions for Canada Post Small Packets - USA - Air. In the past it would reject the listing as invalid shipping with those dimensions. Very annoying since I ended up having to pay a lot more for shipping. 😞 Why would eBay remove that error checking 😞 How many other of my listings have invalid shipping picked. Sigh

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@7366carl 

Glad that helped you, at least check. It's one of those "random glitches" that no one can seem to explain. It may be that the eBay shipping calculator and Canadapost are not on the best of speaking terms. wink Only the higher-ups know for sure.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Small Packet USA and Tracked Packet USA

Minimum size: 14 x 9 x 0.1 cm

Maximum size: length under 60cm and length+width+height is less than 90cm

Max weight: 2 kg

International Small Packet (Surface or Air) and Int'l Tracked Packet have the same restrictions.

I had once had a limited print (in artist's original packaging) that came to 92cm -- fortunately I discovered that when someone in the UK made an offer, so was able to make listing adjustments.

I suspect eBay has always skipped checking the L+W+H dimension size limit for packet.

-..-

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I don’t recall eBay ever rejecting dimensions on the calculator.  There have been complaints for years about the expedited USA prices not showing to a buyer because the seller entered dimensions too small for that service.

Although I think that eBay should warn you when the wrong dimensions for that service are entered, i don’t understand how this ended up costing you more.  Normally the calculator doesn’t show a price when the info isn’t correct....did they show a price to your buyer?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
... I think that eBay should warn you when the wrong dimensions for that service are entered, i don’t understand how this ended up costing you more.  Normally the calculator doesn’t show a price when the info isn’t correct....did they show a price to your buyer?

Side comment:

Small Packet USA is based on weight -- dimensions are not needed since there is no volumetric adjustment.  And there are no distance adjustments either (flat rate for all of the USA).  So I suspect eBay is pulling the shipping cost info from a table of set rates, rather than checking a Canada Post calculator.

-..-

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

So I figured out what causes the bug. I had also offered shipping to the UK. but only entered US small packet air as a shipping choice. If UK was added in no longer checks valid dimensions for small packet USA air.

It definitely does check valid dimensions for small package us air. I just had a listing warn me when listing a guitar. I had to change it to expedited

It charged the max rate for small usa package air to the buyer. About $22. I had to use expedited since the size was too large and it cost $31.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis 

It definitely does check valid dimensions for small package us air. I just had a listing warn me when listing a guitar. I had to change it to expedited. 

900 mm (length + width + height) 
The greatest dimension is less than 600 mm

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpsus_int-e.asp#1393860

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@7366carl wrote:

@pjcdn2005 

So I figured out what causes the bug. I had also offered shipping to the UK. but only entered US small packet air as a shipping choice. If UK was added in no longer checks valid dimensions for small packet USA air.

It definitely does check valid dimensions for small package us air. I just had a listing warn me when listing a guitar. I had to change it to expedited

It charged the max rate for small usa package air to the buyer. About $22. I had to use expedited since the size was too large and it cost $31.

That doesn’t make sense.  It shouldn’t matter what other locations you had added or if there was a shipping option set up for them.  If that was the problem that’s very strange.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply