Possible Scam or Normal behaviour? Advice please

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to selling on Ebay and I was hoping for some input regarding a potential buyer.

For one of the items I'm selling, I received a message from a user asking if I would ship to Isreal. Before I saw the message, they placed an offer on the item with a shipping address in the US. They claim that their friend lives in the US.

Is this normal? To me, this seems a little fishy, but I'm unsure.

Regarding the user's profile, they only have 1 review as a seller and 300+ buyer reviews (the buyer reviews seem to just be items bought from China aka not too meaningful). It also indicates that they reside in Isreal.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Message them prior to accepting the offer to confirm where they would like it shipped. Some buyers may have it shipped to a family member to save on shipping. Once they commit to purchase, as long as you ship to the address attached to the paypal payment. It will update with the correct postage. You will be covered as long as you ship to that address. I've shipped to Isreal on 2 occasions. Mine you low value items and they arrived fairly quick. If your item is to go to Isreal, confirm before mailing that is acceptable at the Canadapost website and what options would be available and the rates so you are properly covered.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/wtz/business/displaySpecialRequirements?execution=e1s2

If I've relayed anything incorrectly, my apologies. Best of luck with the transaction.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Sometimes when I buy from US Sellers who don't ship to Canada  I will ask if they will make an exception. If they don't want to then I use my mail drop address across the border in Niagara Falls.

Your items are not really scam worthy so at this point there is nothing to indicate a problem (not to say a red flag might not come up).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Cheers. Thanks for the responses.

I guess my only concern is that the address indicated in the offer keeps changing.  (The Offer indicated US before, now it is in Canada, I assume due to cheaper shipping?). But I guess as long as the offerer has someone (relative or otherwise) to receive the item at that address, then we are good.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@kar2222.hfgbk3v wrote:

Cheers. Thanks for the responses.

I guess my only concern is that the address indicated in the offer keeps changing.  (The Offer indicated US before, now it is in Canada, I assume due to cheaper shipping?). But I guess as long as the offerer has someone (relative or otherwise) to receive the item at that address, then we are good.

Probably. It certainly would be best for you if it was shipped to a Canadian address, you can send it Expedited Parcel with tracking so no worries about a not received claim (unless Canada Post actually loses it).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply