I did not want to but I did, raise my limits

My limits were what they were. I lived with them. I was fine. Lately however, I was banging my head against them. I finally worked up the resources to jump through the hoops.

Now, those that like to slam me, will not understand some of this. I am a nice guy and I am witty. The Peggy I talk to at first? She was pizzing herself laughing at what I was saying. Then I launch into "That reminds me of a story" and she is dying laughing.

I get put through. Well, on hold for a while. I do not know how long as I do not care.

Nice lady in Salt Lake City. If we talked for a second, we talked for twenty minutes. I was her nicest call of the day. I wanted off the phone and she did not. I ask for a 20% increase and she forces a 90% increase on me.

These poor smucks get yelled at, screamed at, threatened, called names. Does it really hurt to be nice? I'm gonna get, or not get, what I ask for, whether I am nice or not. I might as well be nice and have that on my "permanent record".

I did not write down her name, did not get a ticket number, did not record the call, none of that.

The Mrs says to me "How come you get everything you ask for?"   "Because I am nice to people."

Photobucket
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Cheers to that.. Not if the millions of stuck oup screaming for what they want crazies would only learn this simple lesson.....

I am the same way .. Juyst 3 days ago I went to sign up on the disneyclub site for my kid because me and my wife spoil her like no tomorrow and they were offering a promotion that was for US only and after my 15 minutes of laughing with the girl on the other end Not only did I get a code to get the same promo on the .ca site but I got a bonus 1000 rewards points ...

Being nice works better and feels sooooooo much better ...

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Spot on Brother!
Photobucket
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Calling for a limit increase is always quick and easy unless you are one of those people who just can't wait for the 30 days.

I have always been given more than I asked for.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I've been having fun pontificating on the dotCOM Boards like this one

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Unfair-Unforgiving-and/Culling-the-Herd-aka-New-Defect-Rate-For-Se...

What a load of butthurt whinging.

And you can't tell them anything or you are snobbish, working for eBay, heartless ..... even when a glance at the poster's listing shows obvious reasons for the problem.

Or when they are completely wrong.  Then you don't know what you are talking about. Even when the poster has only been selling for a few weeks and the responses come from members with decades of experience and thousands of happy customers.

Ah, well, as DD and I were discussing yesterday, if the average IQ is 100, then half the population is below that.....

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I venture into SC on .com when I am low on S&A.

Average IQ on this board is a lot higher than 100. I'm guessing closer to 130-140.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I agree. Canadian posters, even those who are upset and unhappy with eBay, seem capable of calming themselves and learning from errors.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

When I first ventured into the "Community" section of eBay a couple of weeks ago I wondered why everyone was mostly pleasant and helpful...I didn't figure out it was a Canadian community for a few days and when I did it all made sense.  Heh, not that we all are nor are the US boards always mean and contrary...and now I feel like a jerk for saying yay Canada...I must be Canadian.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

ack, I also meant to ask, I'm a little lost on the topic, what limits were raised exactly? 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

My seller limits. Everyone has limits. I got my number of items and total gross listing dollars increased about 90%.

I went from about 540/$23K to 940/$41K.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Aha, thanks, Mr Elmwood!  Congrats!  And, thanks for the help you've given me so far! 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Mr Elmwood you seem like one heck of a guy. Im hoping you can pass on some of your wisdom over to California. IN August when Ebay finally put the next defect rates into effect changed my limits. Ever since that time the past 3 months my account has nearly averaged Top Rated seller status. As a mother of 3 its difficult to make ends meet with the limits Ebay has imposed.  Have you or anybody else gotten limit increases since the new defect rate went into place? And if so how can I best help my cause and get an increase in limits? I can meet my limit in less than a week ..its been a rough road the past few months. Thank you for any advice you can offer

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

If you want your limits increased just keep asking every 30 days (not more frequently) and do so when you are using at least 75% of your current limit (a tip an eBay rep gave me).

I have (known) limits on another one of my id's, I've gotten an increase, usually 40 - 50% every time I have called.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

My seller limits. Everyone has limits. I got my number of items and total gross listing dollars increased about 90%.

Everyone has limits? I don't know anything about limits on my account - how do you find out what your limits are?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I'm with you, stouffvillejen. What limits on account mr.elmwood? I didn't know there were limits, and I've been selling for yonks, lol.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@gillian1023 wrote:

I'm with you, stouffvillejen. What limits on account mr.elmwood? I didn't know there were limits, and I've been selling for yonks, lol.

If I recall from what the eBay.ca staffers have said, it's more like a glass ceiling that you only know is there when you bump up against it.  So you might find out, for example, if you tried listing a whole lot of new items -- you'd get a message, I imagine.  

Maybe Mr. Elmwood can clarify what exactly happens when a seller has reached or exceeded the limit. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

I know very little (actually nothing) about limits.  Are you referring to your limits for a month, or a year?

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

mg152
Community Member
I always get treated well when I call eBay. Like you, I tell a joke (usually at my expense) and get them laughing. The last time I called, the lady was laughing so hard she could barely talk. I keep telling users here in the US to use humor and kindness not yelling and cursing. No one listens to me. 🙂 Good for you. Always treat people like you wanna be treated.
RIP Jann & Charlie Keller. You followed each other to heaven too soon. We miss you both!

Be nice to other people! You don’t know what’s going on in their life.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply