I do not see the shipping fees for all countries in my list

kennybhz
Community Member

Hello,

Sorry if my question is stupid, but I'm not used to sell on eBay.
I have an auction ending tonight and some bidders are from countries whose shipping fees do not appear for me.

They have not written me to ask for the shipping fees.
I've taken a look at Canada Post website and the fees are quite expensive (it is a 33' record).
What should I do? I don't know what can happen if someone from those countries win the bid.
Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Once you have bids on an auction, you can't make any shipping changes.  You can cancel bids although I don't remember if you can do that in the last 12 hours.  If you do that you should send a quick message to the buyer explaining that you cancelled because you don't ship to their country.  However, you really should block countries before you list as it is frustrating to buyers when a seller changes their mind.   As I said before, its unlikely those buyers will be willing to pay for shipping with xpresspost so if they do win and you send an invoice they likely won't pay.  If that happens, please come to the board to ask what to do next to get your fees back.

To see if you can cancel, there is a link on the following page that you can use to try and cancel..

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/cancelling-bid?id=4140&st=12&pos=2&query=...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You bill them with the appropriate shipping charge.

If they object, you ask if they would prefer to cancel.

Cancelling at Buyer Request means you don't get t a Defect as is Cancellation for Problem with Address.

Some buyers overseas use a (usually US-based) freight forwarder. These are the second safest addresses you can ship to, and most of the Money Back Guarantee does not apply when a freight forwarder is involved.

If they do not pay, and most Unpaid Item Disputes are from Auctions, you send a reminder on Day Three, and open a UID in the Resolution Centre on Day Four.  If they still don't pay, you close it after 96 hours and get your FVF back.

You are NOT required to ship overseas for the price of domestic or US shipping.

Are you using the Advanced/Business Sell Your Item form?  That allows a lot of flexiblity in both setting shipping costs and in Blocking destinations, including entire continents.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Where is the bidder? If that country isn't blocked and you are willing to ship there let them know how much shipping will be.  It looks like you are shipping tracked packet international overseas and not all countries have that service so that could be why the price is missing.  If you want tracking to countries that don't have tracked packet your only other option is xpresspost.  There might be a surface option but you don't want to send it that way as it will take months and the buyer will likely file a not received claim before the item arrives.  There is a good chance that when the bidder sees the shipping cost that they won't want the item.

If that bidder wins you can add the service and price to the invoice before you send it to them. They won't be able to pay unless there is a shipping cost on the invoice.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I saw bidders from Indonesia and the Philippines. Send something there will be more expensive than the product itself.
I was thinking if I could block the countries before the auction is over, but I don't know if I can (and if I should). 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I was thinking about blocking some countries, but I don't know if it would be the best decision.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Once you have bids on an auction, you can't make any shipping changes.  You can cancel bids although I don't remember if you can do that in the last 12 hours.  If you do that you should send a quick message to the buyer explaining that you cancelled because you don't ship to their country.  However, you really should block countries before you list as it is frustrating to buyers when a seller changes their mind.   As I said before, its unlikely those buyers will be willing to pay for shipping with xpresspost so if they do win and you send an invoice they likely won't pay.  If that happens, please come to the board to ask what to do next to get your fees back.

To see if you can cancel, there is a link on the following page that you can use to try and cancel..

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/cancelling-bid?id=4140&st=12&pos=2&query=...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

On the third hand-- if the buyer wants it, and it is not available in his country, he may be willing to accept what seems like a high shipping cost.

The seller should not make up the buyer's mind for him.

For example, a Pinoy customer may not see a cost for shipping to the Philippines, but can see one for shipping to Japan or Australia. Believing the price would not be "too" different, he bids.  A smallish difference won't bother him, since your Purple Diamante Dohickey is simply not available anywhere else or no other seller will ship at all.

Really, he should ask before bidding. Or if you are nervous, you could Message him giving the cost of shipping and asking if he would prefer to cancel his bid. 

We are entitled to cancel (and/or Block) any customer without giving a reason. Although a note is always polite.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply