I thought someone had started a thread on the end of Turbo lister but can't find it.

I thought someone had started a thread on the end of Turbo lister but can't find it.  

I use turbo lister to park items that I don't sell all the time, ie Christmas stuff only list from Sept to Feb.  Any ideas on where to park these items for free.

Also I am trying to clean up my computer as I am running out of space.  I am deleting all the Turbo lister back ups but wonder what the .imb files are and if I can remove them without crashing my system.  I have them back to 2016.  

turbo imb.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

According to this thread

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Archive-Selling-Tools/Turbo-lister-logs-clogging-up-computer/td-p/27...

... When you create a backup, it creates a .tlb file (which is the listing info and preferences/settings) and a .imb file (which is a backup of the pictures on your listings). It's definitely good to create backups but you should only need to keep a few of them to be safe.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can safely delete most of those older Turbo Lister backup files and get back that disk space - Turbo Lister always creates a new IMB and TLB each time you successfully complete a backup. Although your older backups seem to have no TLBs the way your more recent ones do--not sure if you deleted them or what. If you have more than one user in TL, it creates a different file for each user, and doesn't really tell you which is which (I had to judge by size), but it seems like you only use one user since the sizes are similar each time. I generally only keep the most recent couple of backups, in case of problems, because they do eat up a lot of space. Also I learned the hard way that if you do ever have a corrupted TL database and need to restore it, it will give you the backed up listing data, but the photos will not be there and will have to be added back manually (unless there's a way and I didn't think to ask!).

There are some TL threads on the .com boards, which I'm consulting to try and prepare for the end. I might start another one here because I'm planning to switch to SixBit and I have questions (e.g. can it change listings from Canada to US as needed).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you.  Yes I deleted the tbl file and left the imb as I didn't know what it was.  Thanks. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply