ICS Courier

Does anyone know which courier I type into the 'Add Tracking' section of Ebay order fulfillment when using ICS Courier, which is a Canpar company?

I can't use Canpar itself because the tracking number style is different between ICS and Canpar. But the tracking link doesn't seem to work when I inputed ICS Courier as my carrier because the package was already picked up by ICS this morning, but Ebay tracking doesn't show the pickup yet.

I am wondering if I have to input a different courier name or if Ebay recognizes ICS Courier properly and maybe I just have to wait for the pick up to show on Ebay tracking later in the day.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ICS Courier

I haven't used ICS courier myself but I wouldn't think you could "input a different courier name" as that wouldn't connect the tracking number at all. I would try to input ICS Courier (it seems to me even inputting Canada Post it changes to CPost but that is done automatically), see if it allows you to put it in that way. Worse case as long as you have tracking you could provide the info if needed and track it on your own with their website. I'd advise against putting another courier name just to try and use one of the defaults in their main list.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ICS Courier

@canadian_horse wrote:

Does anyone know which courier I type into the 'Add Tracking' section of Ebay order fulfillment when using ICS Courier, which is a Canpar company?

I can't use Canpar itself because the tracking number style is different between ICS and Canpar. But the tracking link doesn't seem to work when I inputed ICS Courier as my carrier because the package was already picked up by ICS this morning, but Ebay tracking doesn't show the pickup yet.

I am wondering if I have to input a different courier name or if Ebay recognizes ICS Courier properly and maybe I just have to wait for the pick up to show on Ebay tracking later in the day.

Thanks

I suspect that almost none of these private carriers are integrated with eBays systems. None of the ones I use are. Back in the day almost everything shipped via Canada Post, Purolator, UPS, FedEx and maybe Canpar. These days there must be at least 100 different fly by night delivery companies.

In general I never post tracking numbers to eBay for Domestic shipments no matter who the carrier is.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

ICS Courier

byto253
Community Member

Not a solution for this situation, but Sendle uses ICS and eBay is integrated with their tracking system.  It inputs the Sendle number, not the ICS number which is also on the label.    

If ICS works for you with regard to pick up, etc. you may wish to check if Sendle's rates are as good as you are getting for ICS.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ICS Courier

Shipped my first package with ICS Courier and it was delivered today. Tracking still says "tracking number provided" on eBay. It's a shame because with the low prices and the free pickup, I plan on using their services a lot going forward (via netparcel)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply