IF Buyer cannot escalate return opened after 30 days, why is there a 'due date' to resolve case?

Had buyers in the past try to open cases even 3 MONTHS after sale, ebay of course allows them to, but everyone says they can't escalate. Even though there is (sometimes) an option to deny and close the case, ebay STILL gives a 5 day timeline to resolve the case by. If you let this date go by what happens?

Even if they will lose the case no matter what, can they still escalate and tie up your money - likely for up to a week or more especially on 'high value' sales - while ebay decides the case? Or do they NOT even HAVE the option to escalate at all?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

IF Buyer cannot escalate return opened after 30 days, why is there a 'due date' to resolve case?

Just for the record, Paypal's Buyer Protection runs for 180 days from Payment.

Are you sure this is an eBay dispute and not a PP one?

Also PP handles credit card chargebacks, which may also have a deadline 180 days from payment, depending on the card contract.

I would suggest asking tyler@ebay   in tomorrow's daily chat for eBay's POV.  Posters here are members like yourself.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I know all about Paypals policies, I'm just wondering about this specific scenario

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

OK-- sometimes because many more members read these posts than ever post themselves, I think it is useful to add background.

Three months was very strange. The cutoff is supposed to be 30 days from delivery as you say.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply