If a buyer loses their PayPal case how realistic they will win an external chargeback ?

If a buyer loses their PayPal case how realistic they will win an external chargeback with their bank?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If a buyer loses their PayPal case how realistic they will win an external chargeback ?

@luckylegend wrote:

If a buyer loses their PayPal case how realistic they will win an external chargeback with their bank?

Thanks 

Depends on ther type of claim, INR, NAD or Fraudulent Use. The only one that you have much of a chance with is Fraudulent Use, for that Proof of Delivery will usually be enough to be covered by PayPal, the other two not likely.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I am actually a seller of an item and the buyer came up with a bull**bleep** claim why they want to return it (NASD) and all the people who reviewed it agreed that its bull**bleep** but said that the buyer is suspectible to file a chargeback with their bank anyways... So just wondering if I am bull**bleep**ted by paypal atm to drop it or it's actually true that they rather make the buyer return it to me and refund them so they don't file a chargeback....?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Bought an event dress and wants to return it after the event?

Keep demanding return before refund.

A garment modified with kitchen shears is not going to be saleable. You want it back in decent shape.

It's my understanding that card payments - and disputes -are processed by Paypal (since you don't take cards directly) even if the buyer does not have a PP account.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@luckylegend wrote:

I am actually a seller of an item and the buyer came up with a bull**bleep** claim why they want to return it (NASD) and all the people who reviewed it agreed that its bull**bleep** but said that the buyer is suspectible to file a chargeback with their bank anyways... So just wondering if I am bull**bleep**ted by paypal atm to drop it or it's actually true that they rather make the buyer return it to me and refund them so they don't file a chargeback....?

There is no way you will "win" a Not As Described claim. If this claim was made through PayPal the ONLY thing you can hope for is that the buyer will win but not actually return because a claim with PayPal requires the buyer to pay for return shipping.

If they don't like/want to pay the return shipping they can file the same claim through their payment source (usually a credit card) and you will 100% lose that plus pay an extra $20 for the pleasure AND probably never see the item.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply