Incomplete Address - Buyer keeps on buying anyways...

So, last week I get an order returned to me in the mail with post office markings "incomplete address"  , I'm sure you've all seen that before, as have I.  Usually it's a simple contact buyer and get complete address.

Well first time for me now,  the buyer has not responded to any of my 3 messages and 2 phone calls and keeps on placing orders anyway. 

I want to either cancel or refund because I'm obviously not throwing away more money on postage for something that won't be delivered.   Which is the appropriate course of action, and which will result in feedback no longer being an option?  I get the sense that someone who is unable or unwilling to pick up their phone, email or answer messages is going to be rational when trying to find out why their order was cancelled.

I googled the address, it's a small apartment building so obviously it needs a unit number.   Thank goodness for postal codes because they buyer refers to Toronto as "TO." on their address. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mcrlmn
Community Member

Cancel the order and put the buyer on your blocklist.

Untitled.jpg

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.  That's what I was hoping to hear.  Speaking of blocked buyers, can they still contact you?  I'm assuming yes.  Because I would definitely remove them if they provide address info.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@custom_z_scales wrote:

Thank you.  That's what I was hoping to hear.  Speaking of blocked buyers, can they still contact you?  I'm assuming yes.  Because I would definitely remove them if they provide address info.  

Going forward when your spidey senses tingle or its a new customer with no feedback it never hurts to do a quick google to confirm the address. If there are questions you can always message prior to creating label. Voiding is a hassle. Sometimes new customers either forget where they live or don't realize that maybe including the suite/apt number is required. They may thank you for asking and will give them a chance to update for their next purchase.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@custom_z_scales wrote:

I googled the address, it's a small apartment building so obviously it needs a unit number.   Thank goodness for postal codes because they buyer refers to Toronto as "TO." on their address.

...the buyer has not responded to any of my 3 messages and 2 phone calls and keeps on placing orders anyway.

Going forward... it never hurts to do a quick google to confirm the address.

... you can always message prior to creating label.

Sometimes new customers either forget where they live or don't realize that maybe including the suite/apt number is required.

They may thank you for asking and will give them a chance to update for their next purchase.

OP has been there done that.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@custom_z_scales wrote:

Speaking of blocked buyers, can they still contact you?

They'll be unable to place bids or buy from you until you remove them from the list.

They can still contact you.

You can remove a buyer from your list any time.

Delete the username of the member from the Blocked buyers list text box.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply