Insertion fees?

Hi there. Where can we see how much we paid insertion fees and how many we used on our monthly limit?

I don't think i ever paid insertion fees since i'm listing on ebay... The only thing i see is in the seller hub overview there's a ''montly limit'' but it does not seems to be about insertions it's just about the number of listed items/sold at the moment and a sold $ limit. I mean, if i remove listings, it does not count those listings anymore. It is those numbers to follow for insertion fees anyway? Does monthly free insertions and listing limits are two different things?

I have a 100k free insertion for the month and have a lot of items to list. But i have a 200 monthly limit and i know that at the end of 30 days the listings renew and count as one listing. So i don't wanna list to bust my limit when they'll renew + new listings i would do

Should we even care about insertion fees nowadays? I'm a bit confuse about those, i never thinked about it and i think i always listed free

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Insertion fees?

@rocketscollectibles 

The insertion fees are not hidden fees, and are no different than the other fees that eBay charges (12.35% variable and $.30 fixed). All of the fees, including insertion fees, are clearly defined in eBay's fee policy

As a managed payment seller without a store, your first 200 listings per month are free to list. Anything after this will be charged $.30 at the time it is listed or renewed. The exception to this is of course when eBay has promos, which it has had for quite some time now (currently 100k free). You can track how many free listings you've used in Seller Hub, as shown below. Promo lisitngs will be used first (shown in blue) and then your standard 200 (shown in red). Listigns that are new, deleted, renewed, or sold all count towards these limits. They are always 100% accurate and as soon as you go over, you will be charged $.30/listing. 

835378DF-B349-4669-84E0-02D4DAF667F0.jpeg

You are correct in saying that you will need to keep track how many lisitngs you have made in each calendar month to ensure you don't go over (if you want to avoid insertion fees), especially if there is no promotion.

For example, if you have 400 active non-auction listings this month (August) and they all renew in September, you would be charged $.30 on 200 listings ($60 total) when they renew if there is no listing promotion for September. That's why it's important to always keep an eye on the number of  active listings you have and when they renew. It's also a good idea to check for eBay promotions on the first of every month to see if you have free listings over your standard 200. Also keep in mind that your seller limits and zero insertion fee limits are not the same thing. 

If you want to check how much eBay has charged you for insertion fees at any time, you can always view it in Seller Hub > Performance > Sales > Selling Costs > eBay Fees > Insertion Fees.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Insertion fees?

@rocketscollectibles 

You would find how many you've used on your Sellers Hub Overview Page. See promotional listings. You can confirm additional offers by opening by either show more or with the expired tab. Not entirely sure how billing happens or is supposed to happen if you go over. I'm in the same situation with freebies and I haven't recently gone over my limit.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

This is what open when i click on my number of free insertions used:

Capture d’écran 2021-08-21 222103.png

Very nice... In other terms this is hidden fees!? 

I did read we have 250 free insertions somewhere, so as non store seller it's not worth going over 250 items? Insertions cost 0.50$ each over that, my fees are already at 17%, it would raise them to 20-25% it would be totally ridiculous

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

There is no need to click on it...it tells you right there how many you have used and how many you have left.  It's not hidden.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

yes but it does not write anywhere what's the real limit you have, thats what i meant, its not detailed and those fees seems hidden. They only showing the promotional number. I have 100k free, but if next month i have only 250 free for exemple and i listed 500 items now cause it was free, when they'll renew i'll pay fees for the 250 extra listings. Wont be free listings anymore after 30 days

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

"i'll pay fees for the 250 extra listings"

That's right... If the promo isn't renewed.

"what's the real limit"

No Store = 200 listings

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

At the end of a month see how many Fixed price listings you have active on each ebay site. Fixed price will all renew in the next month unless they sell or are cancelled. Auctions can be ignored unless you set up automatic renewal for them.

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/lst/active

eBay.CA -- 200 minus number of active ebay.ca fixed price listings.  If negative you will be over the limit next month unless you have some sales or you end some listings before they renew.  Over limit: $0.30 plus sales tax

On the first day of the new month, check to see if the ebay.ca bonus 100000 free is still on offer. If so, no worries.

eBay.COM (the free insertions are counted separately from .CA)  -- 250 (if in Managed Payments) minus number of active ebay.com fixed price listings.  If negative, you will need some sales or end some of the listings before they renew. Over limit: $0.35US (about $0.45CA) plus sales tax.

-;-

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

if I can net > 30% after paying commission and offering free shipping on bulky car parts, so should you on pokemon cards that can fit in letter mail. if you are worried about $0.35 insertion fees, something is wrong with your business model...

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

if you are worried about $0.35 insertion fees, something is wrong with your business model...

I don't see what's wrong with not throwing randomly money by the windows and trying to figuring out things, i just don't wanna face hidden fees. It's not about bankrupting for 0.30$ here. How it could be wrong for any business to calculate and be aware about the costs lmao. For sure i would not care at all about any 0.30$ if i only had 20$+ items, but 0.30$ on a 3.00$ one is a 10% additional fee

Sounds dumb to me the fact that we don't have a clear number somewhere except on promos to show how many insertions we used on our limit, and how much fees we paid or will pay. I guess i'll just track my listing number to not go over 200 and figuring out after what i'll do, but if we remove listings during the month, sold or did auctions then i guess the count is wrong

I mean we know our limits and the cost, but they do not show how many we used and the cost for it. Except if there's a promo. It's really like half hidden fees

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

"if you are worried about $0.35 insertion fees, something is wrong with your business model..."

If the stock sells through... perhaps.

Not a good "business model" to throw money away either.

It's not one item and just 30¢.

I've been taking a beating on resto parts for years.

Now I know why.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

@rocketscollectibles 

The insertion fees are not hidden fees, and are no different than the other fees that eBay charges (12.35% variable and $.30 fixed). All of the fees, including insertion fees, are clearly defined in eBay's fee policy

As a managed payment seller without a store, your first 200 listings per month are free to list. Anything after this will be charged $.30 at the time it is listed or renewed. The exception to this is of course when eBay has promos, which it has had for quite some time now (currently 100k free). You can track how many free listings you've used in Seller Hub, as shown below. Promo lisitngs will be used first (shown in blue) and then your standard 200 (shown in red). Listigns that are new, deleted, renewed, or sold all count towards these limits. They are always 100% accurate and as soon as you go over, you will be charged $.30/listing. 

835378DF-B349-4669-84E0-02D4DAF667F0.jpeg

You are correct in saying that you will need to keep track how many lisitngs you have made in each calendar month to ensure you don't go over (if you want to avoid insertion fees), especially if there is no promotion.

For example, if you have 400 active non-auction listings this month (August) and they all renew in September, you would be charged $.30 on 200 listings ($60 total) when they renew if there is no listing promotion for September. That's why it's important to always keep an eye on the number of  active listings you have and when they renew. It's also a good idea to check for eBay promotions on the first of every month to see if you have free listings over your standard 200. Also keep in mind that your seller limits and zero insertion fee limits are not the same thing. 

If you want to check how much eBay has charged you for insertion fees at any time, you can always view it in Seller Hub > Performance > Sales > Selling Costs > eBay Fees > Insertion Fees.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

@rocketscollectibles 

All of your eBay fees can be found in Seller hub.   Go to Payments - Reports - Invoices

eBay will send you an invoice after each month.  'Summary download' will show your insertion fees in one lump sum.  'Detail download' will show fees individually.

eBay insertion fees.PNGeBay fees and everything else.PNG

You can also try Payments - Reports

Select the time period you want to make a report for and the transactions you want included, click create report 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Insertion fees?

Promo lisitngs will be used first (shown in blue) and then your standard 200 (shown in red)

Thanks! This is actually what we were missing in here. I did not know that our standard insertion limit is actually just under the promo number!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply