Interesting discovered nuance to eBay Labels on dot com

Discovered this on dot com. Unsure why you would want shipping label costs on the printed label for buyer but it is there as an option. The add note feature would be nice for canadapost shipments. Also able to increase amount of insurance at a cost over and above...it looks like. Something else you cannot do on ca.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1712761532766.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Disclosing the postage? Hmm. I wonder if what is disclosed includes fuel fee and sales taxes? What the customer pays for shipping is not what is paid for postage.

I remember a lot of grumpy customers who believed they should get the 53c they were "overcharged" back when Canada Post labels did have the postage (only) on them.

And it was always a question of pennies.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Disclosing the postage? Hmm. I wonder if what is disclosed includes fuel fee and sales taxes? What the customer pays for shipping is not what is paid for postage.

I remember a lot of grumpy customers who believed they should get the 53c they were "overcharged" back when Canada Post labels did have the postage (only) on them.

And it was always a question of pennies.

There was a point in time (not sure how many years ago) when CP and maybe even Shippo/PayPal postage showed the amount on the label.  Suddenly that was removed. For oversized letters it is possible to purchase a label for a specific dollar amount at the counter (Or print your own...Pitney bowes machine). Buyer would see amount, just like anyone who applies stamps. Some buyers would question. Others would not.  Maybe only if it was a major difference. Unfortunately mark ups can(are) be the cost of doing business. Just like shippers that have major volume discounts but don't want their customers to know how much those discounts are.

-Lotz

PS. You even see this from time to time depending on sender. Tush covering 101!!!

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1712776874306.jpeg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply