Interesting reply, USPS shipping

I have been warning my buyers about the delays possible in shipping times, I have had some very positive responses telling me the understand. Just got this interesting one this morning.

The USPS is no better. I've had items mailed the very day I made the purchase and they have sat in LA or San Bernardino for up to two weeks if sent "media mail". I've had packages misdirected to a neighbor who lives on the next street over. I get his mail, too. I've had packages show up in one of the major centers (LA, San Bernardino, and Bell Gardens) which were then sent to San Francisco and gone from where I live. I've had to put tracers on packages with tracking numbers. How the USPS can "lose" a package with a tracking number and a zip code is beyond me. It's frustrating. I am fully aware of the issues with Canadian/US deliveries which is why I RARELY buy out of the USA. Thank you for letting me know.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Interesting reply, USPS shipping

I think your customer should rethink her expectations.

• Media mail is a very low cost but very slow service, which often takes a month or more. Canada Post has no such service any more.
  • UPS once "gave" me a bicycle, left carefully inside my back fence, with a latched gate, that was addressed to an apartment two blocks away. (Same street number.)
  • Spoke and hub delivery shows some strange trips to the ultimate destination, but is economical enough that not only postal services but airlines and trucking companies use it as the norm.
  • And bar codes on tracked packages? Ever watched a supermarket cashier scan the same item three or four times before it "takes"?

At least she didn't blame you for the problem.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply