International Shipping Delays due to "Ever Given" Shipping Vessel blocking Suez Canal

A buyer from Japan opened up a "not received case" with Ebay. The item was purchased on March 2021 & the Buyer NEVER contacted me nor replied to any of my messages. The "Ever Given" Shipping vessel blocking the Suez Canal caused 400+ other cargo ships to be delayed. ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

International Shipping Delays due to "Ever Given" Shipping Vessel blocking Suez Canal

I hope you did not mail via surface (boat) to Japan as that is slow at the best of times. This method is not recommended for international ebay sales.

Most shipments from Canada cross the Pacfic to get to Japan and never get near the Suez canal in Africa. So Ever Given can't be blamed for the delay.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Was the item tracked?

Does the tracking show delivery?

Does the tracking show the item still in transit?

What was the last estimated date for delivery?

If you did not use tracking, refund. You cannot win a Not Delivered dispute unless you can prove delivery.

If you force eBay to refund the customer you will get a Defect* and eBay will take the money from you anyway.

If you did use tracking put the number in the Dispute.

You will get a short respite to allow for delivery. If the tracking shows delivery you win the dispute and the buyer cannot leave feedback.

In my 30+ years of mail order, it's been my experience that overseas shipments (Air Mail) take 20-30 days for delivery. Was the date March 1 or March 21?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply