Invoices and sold for prices are not reflecting the correct selling price in Canadian funds

Ebay is giving the price on the invoice in the wrong currency. It is doing the currency conversion but is not actually changing the dollar symbol from US to Canadian or vice versa.

I recently sold two items and the sold prices are incorrect as they are not getting converted properly.

Calendar item number 234755838389 sold for 125.00 Canadian on the ebay description listing page and says 93.83 Can. on the invoice. The sale price was 93.83 US dollars and not 93.83 Canadian dollars.
I have no way of changing the price on the invoice back to the selling price of 125.00 Canadian.

Item 234755838380 sold for 100.00 Can. on the ebay description item page and 75.07 Can on the invoice.
If I were to send the invoice it would show as 93.83 Canadian. 
I would then loose money on the transactions as the prices are not correct in canadian funds.
The shipping prices are also the wrong amount for the currency.
Is anyone else having problem with the Ebay invoices and are there any suggestions for help?. 
I have tried the Facebook chat but got no answer and have had several calls to the ebay help and support with tickets being made but no help as yet.
Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Invoices and sold for prices are not reflecting the correct selling price in Canadian funds

Here is a screen shot example of the original listing with the sold price and then the order details for the invoice price.

IMG_8799.jpg

IMG_8801.jpg

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

This has been happening for a while, here is an earlier thread on the same topic...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Invoices-Problems-CAD-and-USD/m-p/502697#M150198 

Devon this is still an active issue... devon@ebay 

Message 3 of 54
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

This has been happening for a while, here is an earlier thread on the same topic...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Invoices-Problems-CAD-and-USD/m-p/502697#M150198 

Hi @ricarmic! Let me get this back in front of the Shipping team to look into. There may be some delay with the holidays but I will be sure to report it as well to get more eyes on it. 

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi @ricarmic! Let me get this back in front of the Shipping team to look into. There may be some delay with the holidays but I will be sure to report it as well to get more eyes on it. From the other discussion Dec 12 is referenced so goes back 10 days. (Manually sent invoices)

devon@ebay 

@tuckhouse2021 

@ricarmic 

Hello Devon,

Wouldn't a situation where invoices are going to buyers at in incorrect amount be of critical high importance? After the fact, (if this what the buyers are seeing and paying) sellers would have no way to recover any short payments.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi @ricarmic! Let me get this back in front of the Shipping team to look into. There may be some delay with the holidays but I will be sure to report it as well to get more eyes on it. From the other discussion Dec 12 is referenced so goes back 10 days. (Manually sent invoices)

devon@ebay 

@tuckhouse2021 

@ricarmic 

Hello Devon,

Wouldn't a situation where invoices are going to buyers at in incorrect amount be of critical high importance? After the fact, (if this what the buyers are seeing and paying) sellers would have no way to recover any short payments.

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies I have it flagged for high priority but wanted to give the precaution of some potential delay.

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

Thanks for any help I can get.

So far I have 5 orders that I have either received the incorrect payment for or have to invoice a buyer for the incorrect amount.

I did a rough estimate and will be out over 100.00 so far on these. I no longer trust and am doulbe checking every sale now.

I advise everyone to do the same.

I don't know how to recoup my losses or how to proceed with further sales. I have asked the buyer awaiting an invoice not to pay but it makes me look like a bad seller I think. 

Order numbers if it helps are as follows--20-10951-59359, 20-10951059360, 16-10949-25904, and impending order numbers sales 3202 and 3203 a total of 9 items

The shipping amounts given are also in the wrong currency/amount

devon@ebay 

@tuckhouse2021 

@ricarmic 

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

Another one today!   had it on Dec 12 and Dec 15

Will do "song and dance" to buyer expplaining higher shipping fee as compensation for reduced proces (about 33%) 

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

@tuckhouse2021

1.  Does this only happen when an invoice has been sent?

2. Or, are you seeing this on all of your sold items even if the buyer pays without being invoiced?

3. Is it only happening when a buyer is in another country?

4. Are all of your listings on .ca?  If you do have some on .com, have there been problems with those listings too if a different currency is involved?

devon@ebay 

Hopefully @tuckhouse2021 will be able to answer the questions above today as they may help the team narrow down the problem.

I'm curious...You said that you would send it to the shipping team.  Is that because they set up the way an invoice works?   Both the items and the shipping are being invoiced incorrectly so technically this isn't a shipping issue unless they are the ones who fix the invoice issues.

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

Hi-It is the sale/sold price of any items purchased in the last few days. It started with the German title problem Bogner-Winter-Jacke, TEAM-Germany, "neuwertig", blau, Größe 38 being on the first order.

That was the order to Sweden and the first one that I noticed that the sale prices were wrong on.

Then I started to pay attention as the discussion group in the US was saying they had the wrong values on their invoices also.

I would notice the error when I got the original email of notification that says GREAT NEWS- YOUR ITEM HAS SOLD and then I scroll down and see the price C $93.83 + C $14.00 shipping and think to myself that was not the price I had on it and then I checked the actual listing and on that page it says SOLD for 125.00 C plus shipping.

If I were to send an invoice the price on the invoice would be 93.83.

The error is that when ebay converts the price number as it is sold, it does not convert the currency.

It makes no difference if there is one item or multiples in the order. The final price and the shipping price are not correct.

The error shows on all my recently sold items irregardless of an invoice. If the buyer pays, I get notice of the payment received but it is not the correct amount.

I do not know what the buyers see or pay at their end.-I don't want to ask but think that ebay would know that.

Perhaps the buyer pays the proper amount and ebay sends me the lesser amount, or perhaps they pay the lesser amount also at their end.  

My listings show in the countries where I ship to,-mostly Can, US, and Europe. I do not list directly onto any sites other than ebay.ca

I have very few Canadian orders as there is not so much interest here for what I sell. My market is to the US and Europe and I need to have international access in order to survive.

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

Do you have immediate payment required on your fixed listings? 

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

No I don't use immediate payment.

I had two sales overnight and both had the correct prices on the order details so perhaps the problem is fixed but I have had no word from eBay about it.

I am not sure how to get the missing funds back for the incorrectly done orders.

I am out over 100.00 for the 6 orders (9 items total).

Is there a way of claiming that?

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

Best I can think of is to request that eBay makes you whole as this was an eBay system error. devon@ebay  may have some insight in to that.

In theory you can go to small claims court and have a very good case..but time and overhead to do that for $100 😋

Do you get a lot of buyers making multiple purchases?  If not, perhaps think of using Immediate payment.

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

Thanks for the info.   My last few orders have been sold to Canadians with the correct amount so as you said, it must just affect isales paid for on a different currency.

As far as getting your money back, I would wait until it is fixed for sure and then total up the amount lost.  Then you will probably have to be very persistent.   If this keeps happening you might want to put your items on time away as I doubt anything will get done before Christmas.

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

It sounds like you have the item/sales order numbers and relative per item loss already figured out. 

Using one of the "autodocumentation" ways like facebook you can just unload the list to them from your side that way the $ amount in question is documented for both you and them (I'm mentioning this as a guy who normally likes using the phone) and they can pass it along to whoever does the "$$ rectification" down the road.

My assumption is that there won't be an "automagic" fix applied to rectify all the ones affected, but I do think it is a large number of people affected so perhaps there is a chance of automagic as opposed to a manual fix method.

I'll be happy to get my $2.43 back, I'm very fortunate that that's all I lost.... hopefully it is fixed before my store reopens in about 7 days.

Message 15 of 54
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

Another one today!   had it on Dec 12 and Dec 15

Will do "song and dance" to buyer expplaining higher shipping fee as compensation for reduced proces (about 33%) 

@tuckhouse2021 

@block36 

@ricarmic 

devon@ebay 

Just had a buyer I sent an offer to message me that they are seeing one shipping amount with the offer and a different amount with the listing. The offer has a substantially lower shipping amount attached. By sounds of things they are signed using dot com but are located in Canada. Waiting on confirmation. Does sound like there could be discrepancies when exchange rates are being applied. 

-Lotz

Message 16 of 54
latest reply

@tuckhouse2021  @lotzofuniquegoodies @ricarmic  @pjcdn2005  @byto253 

devon@ebay

Hi. I hate to be the badger in the house on New Years Eve but @tuckhouse2021  brought this up 10 days ago. Apparently nothing has been done.

I have a nine item combined order that needs to complete today.    All of these dollar amounts eBay pre filled are in USD! I checked and I'm definately on eBay Canada not dot com. There doesn't seem to be any provision to switch them over to Canadian funds.

The post office closes in 4 hours. Does anyone have a work around? 

I would also love to have a gliche free New Years and not have to deal with stuff like this.

Thank you!

ITUntitled.jpg

Message 17 of 54
latest reply

I had a sale to US yesterday and everything was fine/normal. Sounds like it just seems to be happening for combined orders, maybe somehow because of changes with shipping rates and such.

Were they offers by the way? I know byto had a post and was having trouble with combined offers carrying the tracking over correctly. Maybe it's a problem with offers?

Though I don't have an answer I thought I'd let you know all seems okay if it's a one-off sale, at least in my case, but by responding I should move your question back to the top for a bit so others may see it easier.

Good luck getting it taken care of before post office closes! 😬 Let us know if you found a work around, just in case anyone else sees this.

Message 18 of 54
latest reply

Thank you @msau4301 for your response!

No, these aren't offers, just a combined order for a regular customer.  He has a popular YouTube channel and plays much of this music live on it. He pays the BIN and trusts me.  I see what he has.  Then I discount him on the returned invoice. I've done a half dozen similar Combos for him. This is the 1st time this has occured. 

I think the way @lotzofuniquegoodies  handled it was to let the invoice go thru in USD but pad the shipping to compensate for the difference. I generally give this customer a volume discount on the items and a seperate discount for  shipping everything in a single box. 

I checked what the outcome will be if  I simply let this go thru in USD with no discounts. Strangely enough his discount is big enough on the corrected version I will only be out 80 cents!  I'll be up $6.52 for shipping and down $7.32 on the books. I ran it through my own books and here is what the correct invoice would look like.  (pic) of course it doesn't reflect NY State tax.  Removing the tax from eBay's goofy invoice would net me $189.80 if I don't discount anything at all but will the invoice go back to my buyer in eBay's goofy numbers so he pays the CAD in USD?

• I sent my customer a message that I'm trying to fix this and haven't heard back. I'm concerned if I send both sets of numbers to him he will get confused. 
  • I'm also concerned about the incorrect numbers transferring onto the eBay label which is ridiculous in that it only has 5 lines to begin with. 
  • Then there is the state tax issue because I don't know if the invoice the customer gets will reflect the same numbers I'm seeing in CAD in USD. 

Good grief eBay, this is simple "grocery store accounting".   

"The Largest Marketplace On Earth" can't figure out how to sell more than one can of soup at a time.

Thank you all for your help. 3 hours to figure this out... Happy New York... er..Year?!

I wonder if somehow I can use Shippo as a workaround?

Correct Invoice w.out State Tax.jpg

Message 19 of 54
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Thank you @msau4301 for your response!

No, these aren't offers, just a combined order for a regular customer.  He has a popular YouTube channel and plays much of this music live on it. He pays the BIN and trusts me.  I see what he has.  Then I discount him on the returned invoice. I've done a half dozen similar Combos for him. This is the 1st time this has occured. 

I think the way @lotzofuniquegoodies  handled it was to let the invoice go thru in USD but pad the shipping to compensate for the difference. I generally give this customer a volume discount on the items and a seperate discount for  shipping everything in a single box. 

I checked what the outcome will be if  I simply let this go thru in USD with no discounts. Strangely enough his discount is big enough on the corrected version I will only be out 80 cents!  I'll be up $6.52 for shipping and down $7.32 on the books. I ran it through my own books and here is what the correct invoice would look like.  (pic) of course it doesn't reflect NY State tax.  Removing the tax from eBay's goofy invoice would net me $189.80 if I don't discount anything at all but will the invoice go back to my buyer in eBay's goofy numbers so he pays the CAD in USD?

• I sent my customer a message that I'm trying to fix this and haven't heard back. I'm concerned if I send both sets of numbers to him he will get confused. 
  • I'm also concerned about the incorrect numbers transferring onto the eBay label which is ridiculous in that it only has 5 lines to begin with. 
  • Then there is the state tax issue because I don't know if the invoice the customer gets will reflect the same numbers I'm seeing in CAD in USD. 

Good grief eBay, this is simple "grocery store accounting".   

"The Largest Marketplace On Earth" can't figure out how to sell more than one can of soup at a time.

Thank you all for your help. 3 hours to figure this out... Happy New York... er..Year?!

I wonder if somehow I can use Shippo as a workaround?

Correct Invoice w.out State Tax.jpg

@intimewithmusic 

Only problem with using Shippo would be no access to discounted shipping. It would be level 1. Just have to figure out how much you would need  to cover and difference....

-Lotz

Message 20 of 54
latest reply