Invoices

I'm new and trying to learn as much as I can about different aspects of eBay to take advantage of. So...I'm going to be asking a lot of questions. Thanks in advance.

What would be the purpose or scenario where I would use the send an invoice option? For my few sales the buyer has bought and paid right away. 

I'm thinking the invoice might help me deal with my issue of eBay way overestimating shipping (different discussion) but if they already pay and I send an invoice what happens? Can I reimburse them a portion of shipping that way? Help me understand the nitty gritty please as the help pages don't seem to tackle this. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Invoices

A buyer who purchases more than one item may ask for a discount on shipping.

You can send an invoice for that (if you agree and there are few reasons to refuse) with all the items and one shipping price.

If a buyer overpays on shipping, you can use Paypal to Send Money covering the actual disparity, but remember you pay fees on all of his original payment, so deduct those when calculating the refund.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Invoices

You can't send an invoice after they have paid. If they have overpaid on shipping you can go to the Paypal transaction and within that transaction, do a partial refund. Make sure that you are doing this in the transaction, not by using the Paypal send money option.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply