Invoicing

I've noticed something about BUY IT NOW feature, and invoicing.  When a buyer clicks on BUY IT NOW, they have to pay right away. What ever happened to waiting until the seller sends an invoice?  This is how I use to pay for items, I waited until an invoice was sent, now you have to pay right away. How can this be changed back to invoice before payment? I am also a seller, as well as a buyer.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Invoicing

It is a  Seller's choice when listing.

A seller can set a Buy-IT-Now (BIN) listing to require immediate payment.  One benefit is to prevent people from buying, then not paying.

Or the seller can not have immediate payment -- useful if allowing local pickup, or when doing a customized invoice.

-..-

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Invoicing

As a seller you can disable "require immediate payment " when creating or revising a listing. The bulk editor should also display the option within the payments section .
As a buyer there's nothing you can do about it if the seller has enabled that option.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Invoicing

It doesn’t look like you have enabled ipr on your listings but eBay has slowly been rolling out immediate payment required on .com for items under $1000 and it seems they have done the same for some listings on.ca.   If they have opted you in you can’t opt out although some sellers have said that only some buyers are affected.

If your buyers use the cart they may be able to use the request total function there so that you can then send an invoice.  Unfortunately, some people have been having problems with the cart and apparently if items are on sale the request total button won’t work.  Make sure that you have combined shipping enabled in your site preferences.

With the items that you sell, it might be better to set up combined shipping rules so that when your buyers use the cart their shipping will automatically be combined.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Invoicing

When I clicked buy it now on a few of your listings and on ypdc_dennis’s listings there was no option to commit to buy, I would have to pay right away although I don’t see ipr on your listings either.  I’ve noticed this happening for a while on .ca although it doesn’t seem to stay consistent.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Invoicing

I have also been having the odd customer complain that they have no option but to pay immediately, however most (who want to) seem to be able to purchase without paying right away.

It appeared to be somewhat random as to who was affected, up until I read this I just assumed the ones with problems didn't "know the way" to purchase without paying...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Invoicing

@happy_pigeon

Is this a job needing Pigeon Power!!??

Seriously, eBay needs to understand that most of their sellers are grownups who can make their own decisions, stupid or wise, about how they wish to deal with customers.

I'm not thrilled when a buyer is slow to pay, especially since credit cards allow us to buy now , pay later, but there are occasional situations....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Invoicing

At the very least, ebay should offer workshops on How to Establish Combined Shipping Rules so that Add to Cart works for sellers and buyers alike. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Invoicing

Previous posters are correct... per our friendly neighborhood help page on immediate payment:

"Immediate payment is automatically required on items priced below $1,000, that have a specified shipping cost, and where PayPal is the only payment method offered."

I mean, if the buyer doesn't want to pay immediately for something, but does intend to buy it, they can use Add to cart (or if they aren't 100% sure yet, their Watch list).

If you're a card-carrying immediate payment hater, however, if you offer a second method of payment in addition to PayPal, you should be able to remove immediate payment (as long as the item is under the price limit). I know that isn't the easiest thing right now, but once Adyen is introduced it will be much easier to offer non-PayPal payment options without having, say, an established relationship with VISA.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply