Invoives over 18 months old frustration

Has anyone has luck getting invoices over 18 months old? I find it's odd when everyone has to be able to produce 7  years of history in Canada eBay can only give me 18 months. I've called in several times and I keep getting told I'll have them in 24 hours and nothing further happens.

Is there something magical that needs to be done to actually get these?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

For a tax audit?

It really doesn't matter what you were selling, they want your income from sales.

That's available from Paypal.

The PP invoice does note the title of the eBay sale though it is a dead link.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Paypal only shows the PayPal fees paid on an eBay sale. I need my seller invoice that shows what I've paid in seller fees including closing fees and eBay store fees. 

It seems like getting invoices over 18 months is almost impossible from them. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

When it comes to Tax, it is important to keep a record.... a paper record

With me it is spreadsheets ... the summary record .....that I fill out each day....  and I have a paper record of everything that relates to the selling on eBay.... Buying inventory... selling... and  all of the expenses relating to selling.

Individual records for each sale, each purchase of inventory, postage   and more and more... if it relates to my selling on eBay.   

My records for each year end on December 31...  and I can fill out the tax form on January 1.

If you buy to sell on eBay... or elsewhere as well,  you must keep a record... a paper record.

Your records should always be for this year  and the last 6 years...

that is 2019  and then complete records for  the years  2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Never assume that someone else will do this for you....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @itliquidatorsca - historical invoices are available for you, though it does need to go through an archival retrieval process that can take 24-48 hours, after which a teammate would be able to email them to you as an attachment. 

It looks like the teammate you were working with was able to upload the proper request, though I'm not seeing that they followed up. I'll be in touch with more detail. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I never heard back from anyone. Are you able to reach out to me through email and send these over?

Thanks
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi @itliquidatorsca - check your registered email address for more information. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply