Is anyone else getting emails removing items from international site visibility?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is anyone else getting emails removing items from international site visibility?

That listing is set up to ship only to Canada, US & Australia, it's specifically blocks Europe.

The (waste of money) ISV feature ONLY works for the UK so you should be thanking eBay for removing the ISV option and the extra fee.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I haven't seen anything like that but can you paraphrase what the email says?  Do you sometimes check off the international visibility option on your listings or this related to something else?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi this is the email they sent:

"Hello gsl-elect,

You recently created or revised this eBay listing that included the International Site Visibility feature:

183018188745 HTF U & ME VALENTINES MUGS NWT HALLMARK CUTE,

However, we had to remove International Site Visibility from your listing. Of course, we won't be charging you the fee for International Site Visibility.

Because the laws and eBay policies vary by country, sometimes items that can be listed in your country can't be listed internationally. It's also possible that the listing itself wasn't following an eBay policy in another country. In situations like this, we automatically remove the International Site Visibility feature from the listing."

This was for all international shipping, I am not sure what is going on as I only got this message after a revision.  If you have any answers it is appreciated!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Not sure what else it could be related to. I have 7 emails like this.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

That listing is set up to ship only to Canada, US & Australia, it's specifically blocks Europe.

The (waste of money) ISV feature ONLY works for the UK so you should be thanking eBay for removing the ISV option and the extra fee.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The only time I ever got that kind of message was when ebay.co.uk was confusing trademark rights with something similar to one of my listings. You will have to dig to find where you might be infringing on an actual company's trade agreement with ebay. Calling Customer Service won't necessarily enlighten you, either. You might be better to go to the UK version of ebay Community and ask there, the other sellers might have an idea of what was flagged within your listing as problematic for ebay. I think that's what I would do in this case. Good luck in solving the mystery. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I have no idea why they don't want that item on the UK site and/or what rule it breaks but there isn't much that you can do about it.  But as recped said, ebay may have done you a favour since they are refunding that fee.  When you check off that option, you are paying for your listing to show on the UK site in the same area that they show UK sellers listings.  If you don't pay that extra amount, your listing may still show up there or under international sellers or not at all. That fee doesn't guarantee that your listings will be seen on any other sites so I agree with recped that it is a waste of money.  In some case your items will be seen on other sites...in some cases they won't be but if people in those countries search on .com or .ca they will see them here.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'm not sure if the op receives messages for other items as well but as recped mentioned, that item doesn't ship to the UK anyway.  Perhaps that is the problem..they won't put it on the UK site because it doesn't show shipping there?? Either way, I wouldn't spend any time looking into it but that's up to the original poster.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yes it is as I had a problem with shipping to Europe, so when I added not to ship there that is when the emails started.  When you go into the shipping and pick a country I do ship to no shipping cost comes up and says I do not ship there even though my ad says ships worldwide.  Seems like there is a problem with eBay.  Thanks for all your help!  I did decide to call eBay.ca they cannot figure out why either.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

There is a problem right now on .ca when you use calculated shipping.

Just a fyi - the title in your listing for the Cheetah Girls is missing the t so if someone is searching using the right spelling they won't see your listing. 🙂

Also...in your listings you have a variation of the statement such as the one below which are against ebay policy as a seller is responsible for lost or stolen items regardless of which shipping a buyer chooses.  When a buyer files an item not received a seller will lose unless they can show with online tracking that the package was delivered to the payment address regardless of your 'terms' in your listing.   Many of us ship at times without tracking because it is expensive and rarely have problems but if you are uncomfortable doing that, you should only offer shipping with tracking.  

****PLease Note****  If you require a tracking number please choose Tracked Packet service, other wise not responsible for lost or stolen item.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply