Is this the way you would respond to this buyer???

His message:

My response:

Hello, I would like to thank you for your purchase. I will have your CD wrapped up well and be mailing it to you tomorrow. It is being sent airmail from Canada so there is no tracking number and it can take 7 to 10 working days. To get tracking on a parcel going to the USA, the shipping cost jumps from $5.00 to $15.84 plus .59 fuel surcharge for a total of $16.43, which of course is not acceptable for most buyers so it is not offered. See attached photo of info.

I love all the Phil Coulter CD's.

Thanks again and enjoy the CD,
Lida

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No, I'd be a lot more laconic.

'Thank you for your prompt payment. Your purchase will be shipped 14/6/15 by Canada Post Air Mail. Expected arrival date is 5/7/15, allowing for national holidays. '

No mention of tracking because tracking is only useful to you. If he intends to say the item is not delivered, you are encouraging him by telling him it is not tracked.

Even if he is honest, and most people are, more important to him should be the expected arrival date. I tend to be less optimistic than the postal services.

And mentioning Canada and holidays is meant to remind him that it won't arrive the day after tomorrow.

If he demands tracking, which you did not offer, you are within your rights to let him know the cost of tracked shipping to the USA. Link to canadapost.ca if you want, but don't break it down.  If he wants tracking really badly, you are allowed to raise the s&h for the unadvertised service.

But frankly, that sounds like a boilerplate message and not something to get nervous about. Check his FB left for others.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed the fees on the link with Canada Post is more expensive than you would pay with PayPal Shipping.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

No, I'd be a lot more laconic.

'Thank you for your prompt payment. Your purchase will be shipped 14/6/15 by Canada Post Air Mail. Expected arrival date is 5/7/15, allowing for national holidays. '

No mention of tracking because tracking is only useful to you. If he intends to say the item is not delivered, you are encouraging him by telling him it is not tracked.

Even if he is honest, and most people are, more important to him should be the expected arrival date. I tend to be less optimistic than the postal services.

And mentioning Canada and holidays is meant to remind him that it won't arrive the day after tomorrow.

If he demands tracking, which you did not offer, you are within your rights to let him know the cost of tracked shipping to the USA. Link to canadapost.ca if you want, but don't break it down.  If he wants tracking really badly, you are allowed to raise the s&h for the unadvertised service.

But frankly, that sounds like a boilerplate message and not something to get nervous about. Check his FB left for others.

While I basically agree with Stamps, I always answer "No tracking numbers fro Canada on Small Packets. blah blah blah". Never had a problem.

Mind you, I also state all of that in the listing, and,  my listing is not a mirror image of Don Quixote.

As Stamps alludes to, simpler is better.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The mods took out the buyers question as you're not supposed to quote what they have written you. You could paraphrase it though.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply