It is hard to argue against the promoted stats...

As the regulars here know, a few weeks ago I moved the remainder so that ALL of my items were running under the original promoted listings program, using the wee 1% rate (there is a portion of the oldest items that are at 1.5% to put them ahead of the others I have running).

Generally a large percentage of my sold items have gone via Promoted listings. 13 of the last 15 sold items have been promoted items. Yesterday 9 in a row were promoted sales.

Often mutiple sales to one buyer have one that was promoted, was it the one that cause the others or did one of the others cause it because it it flashed up when they bought one in a non-promoted way?

I do think there are some aspects that makes it work better for me than perhaps others, I do have items in a lot of different categories, I do have a lot of different (ie 1000s) key words folks would search on, and I may not have a lot of competition in many of the categories/keywords I list in.

The above also mean that the "new" per click kind of promotion probably will not work as well for me as it will for others. I will in time experiment with it, but I thought I'd share what's happening now for me the "old way".

Note that I've devised a plan to be able to see what happens with newly listed items, which normally start out with more visibility naturally anyway. I was worried that I'd just be paying 1% more for them to sell as they would have normally, but that does not seem to be the case, so it doesn't look like I'm cannibalizing my own natural sales rate for newly listed items.

I have had a noticeable number of buyers that have not purchased from me in years purchase something and almost always it is a promoted item, so it does seem to be bringing back repeat customers that went quiet (50% or more of my sales are to repeat customers).

Anyway something to think about, experiment with if you haven't already.....

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

One of the best parts  was getting away (so far) with saying "wee" on the boards.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

As the regulars here know, a few weeks ago I moved the remainder so that ALL of my items were running under the original promoted listings program, using the wee 1% rate (there is a portion of the oldest items that are at 1.5% to put them ahead of the others I have running).

Generally a large percentage of my sold items have gone via Promoted listings. 13 of the last 15 sold items have been promoted items. Yesterday 9 in a row were promoted sales.

Often mutiple sales to one buyer have one that was promoted, was it the one that cause the others or did one of the others cause it because it it flashed up when they bought one in a non-promoted way?

I do think there are some aspects that makes it work better for me than perhaps others, I do have items in a lot of different categories, I do have a lot of different (ie 1000s) key words folks would search on, and I may not have a lot of competition in many of the categories/keywords I list in.

The above also mean that the "new" per click kind of promotion probably will not work as well for me as it will for others. I will in time experiment with it, but I thought I'd share what's happening now for me the "old way".

Note that I've devised a plan to be able to see what happens with newly listed items, which normally start out with more visibility naturally anyway. I was worried that I'd just be paying 1% more for them to sell as they would have normally, but that does not seem to be the case, so it doesn't look like I'm cannibalizing my own natural sales rate for newly listed items.

I have had a noticeable number of buyers that have not purchased from me in years purchase something and almost always it is a promoted item, so it does seem to be bringing back repeat customers that went quiet (50% or more of my sales are to repeat customers).

Anyway something to think about, experiment with if you haven't already.....

In just speaking to an ebay,attached are his(cut and paste response) recommendations attached to increase business/traffic using ebay going forward.

This quarter is the peak season on ebay and there is lot of competency among sellers. You can boost the visibility of you items that will result to higher chances of selling by

1. Creating promotions for your store

2. Offering best offer

3. Promoting your listings

4. Sharing your listings on other platforms

#4 does cause a bit of chuckle/choke on ones coffee

1 to 3 I've been doing for several years with no noticable difference other than added costs/increased revenue for eBay.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 3
latest reply