Laptop died, how to move my Turbo Lister and items to new PC?

Well my laptop has finally died, I guess I wore the hard drive out. Sony Viao with win 7, used it 9 years. 

Anyway, I have a new pc with Win 10 on it. I need to move over my Turbo Lister and all my IDs and items to the new pc. (And I have to figure out how to use Win 10!) Has anyone done this and can you tell me how? I’m not very technically inclined so need help here.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I've never used Turbolister but if it's hard-drive based then you have to have access to that hard drive before you can transfer it over to anywhere else. Do you have a back-up disc? External hard drive? Cloud? As for ebay user IDs, those are web-based so you can just log into to your account from anywhere and have access to your user ID data on ebay. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I use TL all the time.

If you have backup files once you reinstall and update TL you can import them. 

If you do not you have to run TL on the laptop (if you can) and either backup the whole contents or select the files you want  and backup as turbolister database files with the advanced tl option "store pictures in tl "(if you don't select this the pics will not be there).

If you don't have backups and can't access the laptop you can install tl and import the active and ended listings from eBay.  Anything else will be lost.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hi widgets, where do you see the “store pictures in tl”? I’ve never seen this before in tl when doing a back up. I thought they were already on ebay’s server. I definitely need my photos.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

As widget mentioned, you can retrieve all your listings (including photos) going back 90 days simply by syncing with ebay after installing the software.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

go to:

TOOLS

ADVANCED OPTIONS

TURBOLISTER OPTIONS

Select the box with "Save picswithin TL database"

backup selected items

In the new TL that you are restoring to it is better to use the other setting

"Copy pics to a folder..."

especially if you have a lot of listings as not doing so will make things slow.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I thought we couldn't use Turbolister anymore ?? Did I stop paying attention and its still operable - for uploading items to Ebay?
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

wrote:
I thought we couldn't use Turbolister anymore ?? Did I stop paying attention and its still operable - for uploading items to Ebay?

TL is still very usable for those that have been using it all along, just not available to new users.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

wrote:
As widget mentioned, you can retrieve all your listings (including photos) going back 90 days simply by syncing with ebay after installing the software.

Thanks, that is exactly what I ended up doing, however I was still not able to retrieve all my photos but it helped. I’m currently having to re-take a few hundred photos but should be back on track in a week or so.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This is a good plug for the value of backing stuff up, I keep an extra copy of all my pictures on wee memory chips as well as on the laptop because the day will come here too when my laptop gets the blue screen of death....

(It is also easy to back up your tuborlister data file to a flash drive as well....)
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

wrote:
This is a good plug for the value of backing stuff up, I keep an extra copy of all my pictures on wee memory chips as well as on the laptop because the day will come here too when my laptop gets the blue screen of death....

(It is also easy to back up your tuborlister data file to a flash drive as well....)

Hi ric, yes I did back up and also put my TL files on a flash drive. Unfortunately just a little too late I guess as not all my photos appeared on the flash drive. I don’t realize until too late. Laptop had been giving me problems for a few weeks and didn’t listen to my DH when he said to shut down and take it in to be fixed. Hate this win 10, I’m taking my laptop in and getting a new hard drive for it as soon as I have time.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply