Listing adult magazines on ebay.ca

lud-4367
Community Member

Hi,  

Recently acquired adult magazines such as Playboy, Hustler, Penthouse, etc. I just started listing those magazines based on the results from the search I made into ebay. Almost all of them are in the category of "Books / magazines", so I did the same simply by clicking "Sell it yourself". However, today I received a message from ebay saying that my listing was removed because of the ebay's policy. Okay, I understand. But then I cannot help but wonder why other listings that I referenced still there? With a little bit of investigation, I have found that some have been listed in there for more than a year.  It's really strange that even some hardcore magazines are still exsisted in Books / magazines category too. Is it got to do with listing the adult magazines on ebay.ca? Some say it's only allowed on ebay.COM? Can someone confirm this? Because I'm going to relist the magazine on this category, "Everything Else / Adult-Only Items / Adult-Only Magazine Back Issues" as the ebay message advised. I wonder if the listing will be removed again because I'm listing it on ebay.ca. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

What was the category they were in the first time?

And if you do list the magazines again perhaps you should also have a typed warning that these are magazines for adults and not to be purchased by or for people under the age of 18 years, just to be safe. I don't deal with adult only items but if I did and it was in a category as such, I would still slap my own label on it so no one could complain I didn't do my due diligence.

Also, Did you have photos of the magazine that weren't the back and the front cover?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It has something to do with the date of the magazines. After a certain date (1974?) the magazines became a little too explicit for Family Viewing Time, and must be listed on dotCOM in the Adult section, which does not exist on dotCA.

Remember when you list on dotCOM that not only will you be listing in USD, but that you will have to use Flat Rate shipping From An International Location, unless you are able to use a forwarder like chitchat

And the loonie has been rising, we're nearly at 80c on the USdollar at the moment.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

fpodb_9
Community Member

Hello

I did the exact same thing before the pandemic. Listed a dozen Hustler Magazines from the 80's on .CA, removed three days later by Ebay.  It has to do with Paypal i was told.  Because it is considered adult content some countries may have deemed them illegal and PP can't be involved with selling something illegal or recieve money for illegal items. I tried selling them on .COM and the same thing happened. I also see adult magaizes on Ebay.CA in various catagories and wonder what they do differently or are they just dodging the system. If you get it stratened out please let me know.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Keep in mind that Canada Post has restrictions for mailing explicit material. There are certain things you have to do in order to ship it. It also *might* be illegal to send it across an international border, but I'm not positive on that.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2021

The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date and no longer correct.

For example, eBay sellers no longer get paid through Paypal. The Managed Payments  program is run by a Dutch company called Ayden.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply