Listings

sbcwinn
Community Member

eBay is getting worse not better!
They no longer have a direct vendor support number. That is something that Amazon has!
I am having a listing problem concerning the tax rate.
My company is in Canada, but I sell mostly in the U.S.
My tax rate should be zero. It doesn't work. It says that my tax rate is either too low or too high. Since I have a Delaware Corporation, I have tied to use the standard tax rate and even if I put in 900% it tells me that the tax rate is too low.
I am very frustrated an

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Listings

I'm a bit confused since your listings state that you are in the US but if you are registered in Canada, I am 'guessing' that are not able to set up tax rates for the US.  eBay collects tax in some states but since Delaware isn't one of those states I can understand why you want to set it up.  To find out if it is possible, try contacting ebay customer service on Facebook or Twitter by sending a private message.  Or did you try clicking on help and contact, scrolling to the very bottom and click on contact us?  I've heard that will give you the option of getting a call back or chatting.   But if this is an issue that is being caused because you are registered in Canada, Facebook or Twitter might have more specialized staff that can answer.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Listings

The call back is telephone and the chat is email/messaging.

Both seem to have helpful  well-informed clerks, but I prefer the messaging because it gives us a printable record of what was said on each side.

Sometimes with oral discussions, we hear what we want and not what the other party said.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Listings

@sbcwinn wrote:

eBay is getting worse not better!
They no longer have a direct vendor support number. That is something that Amazon has!
I am having a listing problem concerning the tax rate.
My company is in Canada, but I sell mostly in the U.S.
My tax rate should be zero. It doesn't work. It says that my tax rate is either too low or too high. Since I have a Delaware Corporation, I have tied to use the standard tax rate and even if I put in 900% it tells me that the tax rate is too low.
I am very frustrated an

Please clarify what taxes you are talking about.

If you mean GST/HST charged on fees, you are registered in Canada so it's automatic and there is no exemption process. You can recoup the GST paid as an ITC if you are registered with CRA,

If it's some other tax thing, then without details nobody can help you.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply