Local Pick up AND Calculated Shipping

All:

Is there a way of offering local pick up (free) as well as calculated shipping. Have some heavier items that I want to sell and if the buyer is local would be ok allowing them to pick up, but just don't see a way in the listing tools to do such a thing.

Is there a workaround or a suggested means of handling a transaction such as this.

Cheers

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I just make a note in the description that local pickup is allowed, and turn off immediate payment required.

eBay currently does not allow local pickup to be specified when you do calculated.  Just when using flat rate,

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

I just make a note in the description that local pickup is allowed, and turn off immediate payment required.

eBay currently does not allow local pickup to be specified when you do calculated.  Just when using flat rate,

-..-

How do you handle the payment process?. I experimented with a  listing and used the "Send a invoice", but in the invoice process it does not appear to allow me to remove the shipping. I tried entering 0 and it just defaulted back to the original.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@bpl521_sell wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

How do you handle the payment process?. I experimented with a  listing and used the "Send a invoice", but in the invoice process it does not appear to allow me to remove the shipping. I tried entering 0 and it just defaulted back to the original.  

Cash on pickup. Receipt/invoice given when item is picked up. Item is then manually marked as shipped on eBay after it is picked up.

Although if sending an invoice do not click on the recalculate button when shipping is changed as that is eBay-speak for reset to original values. There is another button that let's you view the revised invoice before sending to see if it is correct.

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Cash on pickup. Receipt/invoice given when item is picked up. Item is then manually marked as shipped on eBay after it is picked up.

Although if sending an invoice do not click on the recalculate button when shipping is changed as that is eBay-speak for reset to original values. There is another button that let's you view the revised invoice before sending to see if it is correct.

-..-

How do you handle the ebay fee issue if the buyer picks up vs calculated. Send/print a invoice with the adjusted shipping to zero?.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Correction to what I posted before. You manually mark it paid if the buyer pays cash.

As for FVF on shipping -- what shipping cost for a cash transaction?

But if you want to be on the safe side then send a modified invoice with the pickup cost, included -- I believe you have choice of what you can label the "shipping".

Take my advice with some care since it's been over 3 years since I've had a pickup -- and eBay is marketplace that keeps changing the rules.

-..-

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

As for FVF on shipping -- what shipping cost for a cash transaction?

-..-

If calculated shipping was the listing with a option of free pickup, I would send the buyer a invoice (Assuming Ebay lets me change the shipping fee on the invoice to $0.00) then the FV is calculated from the invoice?.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply