Local Pickup Conundrum

Sold an item to a person from out of town who had a relative pick it up locally and paid cash.  Relative delivered the item to the buyer who later informed me it was the wrong item.  I have dealt with the issue and received the item back and refunded the buyer but am wondering is there anyway with local pickup to show the sale was voided and to get your FVF fees back.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Otherwise out about $25.  Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Local Pickup Conundrum

Yes, your Buyer needs to open an item, not as described request and then you need to reply and refund the item, then you get your fees back..

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup Conundrum

Since the buyer paid cash, how would the seller show on ebay that the buyer has been refunded?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup Conundrum

Spoiler
Exactly, this sounds more like a way of avoiding eBay fees, maybe the item was never really refunded.

Why would you refund an item before a "real claim" is opened on ebay to document the refund?

Sorry, but I...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup Conundrum

The video was a nice touch.  And yes I understand the rationale behind what you are saying.  Regardless this was a real situation.  The item was returned to me and I refunded the purchaser because it was in fact the wrong item.  I am not going to game the system for $25.  Just asking if any seller out there has had a similar situation and if they were somehow able to resolve the matter in their favour.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup Conundrum

To recover final value fees 'the wrong item' issue and refund should've been resolved through the Resolution Centre.

As brettjet38 stated:
"your Buyer needs to open an item, not as described request and then you need to reply and refund the item, then you get your fees back"

That's what should've occurred.

After the fact, all I can suggest is Have eBay customer service call you and plead your case when they do.

2.png

Bottom of the page.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Local Pickup Conundrum

You could mark the item as "payment not received" then do a "Cancel Transaction" and use "Buyer asked to cancel" in theory that is what has happened, just a variation...

No insult for the other comment, just an observation to a "scam" that is actually used a bit by Sellers and Buyers to avoid fees.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply