Looks like there's a new promo eh....

I just was on my selling manager and my promo offer section is now showing 10,000 active free listings.

Not heard one peep about this nor any message in any sort of way, eBay message or in my email.

It goes on and on and on......

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

WOW! Thanks!

I had no idea, it will start tomorrow. Nothing in my box either....

Perfect timing Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Ohh thanks for the heads up! I see the promo on my eBay page too. Also got no e-mail and no eBay message. I guess I can relist my auctions when they finish then eh. (I still hate that selected categories part...)

@bestcheapfast: eBay.ca counts EST so it looks like it already started and will end this Sunday night. 

Quote from the page - http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2014/09_24.html

Sellers who create a listing in the auction-style format, auction-style with Buy It Now format, or fixed price format in select categories (see exclusions), pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item listed and no additional fee for adding 10-day Duration to these listings ("Promotion") for up to 10,000 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the monthly insertion fee promotion, and/or any other insertion fees that are included as part of your Store subscription.

5, 7, 10, and 30-day listing durations are included in this Promotion. The Promotion does not apply to final value fees or optional upgrade fees.  Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax.  Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member

Lucky. No email, no promotion. I have been shutout once again.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

It's on my ebay page, but no email or message

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

"but no email or message"

Three months ago, the staff and management at eBay.ca was told of the problem of lack of advising Canadian sellers about a listing promotion.  Typically members eligible to the promotion, would find out about the promotion should they check their "my eBay" or "Selling Manager" but no email ever received from eBay or message in "My Messages".

Two months ago, the staff and management at eBay.ca was told of the problem of lack of advising Canadian sellers about a listing promotion.  Typically members eligible to the promotion, would find out about the promotion should they check their "my eBay" or "Selling Manager" but no email ever received from eBay or message in "My Messages".

Again a month ago, the staff and management at eBay.ca was told of the problem of lack of advising Canadian sellers about a listing promotion.  Typically members eligible to the promotion, would find out about the promotion should they check their "my eBay" or "Selling Manager" but no email ever received from eBay or message in "My Messages".

Finally, a few days later, Raphael@eBay.com (based in Toronto) advised on this board:

"We have discovered an issue impacting Legacy Members (Canadian users who registered on eBay.com before there was an eBay.ca) which prevented the email to be sent to them for this promo. I'm working with the Promo team to find a solution.

Please keep in mind that there are other things that may prevent a promo email to reach you or may delay its delivery, for example many members have opted out of promo emails from eBay entirely (this setting can be changed in your Communications Preferences). Also, free email providers such as Gmail or Hotmail sometimes experience delays in receiving emails sent by an automated process like the ones we employ for these promo emails.

I would like to thank you all or reporting these issues and for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve them."

Post #24: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Have-YOU-Been-Notified-of-the-New-Free-Listing-Promotion/...

Obviously, they are not working very hard at solving the problem.  I am not even sure they understand and accept there is a communication problem, in addition to the "legacy members" issue.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

"Also, free email providers such as Gmail or Hotmail sometimes experience delays in receiving emails sent by an automated process like the ones we employ for these promo emails"

Seems like a extremely lame excuse. I use Hotmail. And every time I list an item on eBay. A fraction of a second later, their automated system sends me an email confirming my listing has been activated. Or is this a different automated system for promotional offers?!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Just got the promo email now @ 12:06pm EST

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Me too............................Just received the email.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"but no email or message"

Obviously, they are not working very hard at solving the problem.  I am not even sure they understand and accept there is a communication problem, in addition to the "legacy members" issue.

They aren't working very hard on anything!

In fact, i doubt they care about anything other than whatever the muckity mucks are mailing them about daily.

As sellers we just don't matter any longer!

The 10,000 promo is in my summary as well and I received no notification. I am not a Legacy member.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

The promo is active for me on both .com and .ca even though I've yet to be notified about it.

Sadly, it once again excludes the category I sell in, sports memorabilia/cards, so it's useless to me.

I'm not one to vent, but I'm going to vent a bit.

It seems just about every piece of news out of eBay over the last 24 months or so has been bad news.

Hacks. Glitches. Search visibility issues, including the removal of any TRS boosts for Canadians. Reduced buyer traffic (admittedly anecdotal), defective defect systems and promos I can't use.

Everything eBay has done has made it more difficult to sell on eBay and more difficult to make money selling on eBay.

But I roll with the punches. I adapt and fight through every obstacle I face. I maintain TRS status and a low defect rate with spotless feedback.

I do make a small amount of money. Not what I used to make and certainly not worth the amount of time I spend on it. Quite honestly, my seller morale is low, nearing rock bottom. And everything eBay does feels like just another kick to the shins.

I keep waiting for some good news.

I've been waiting a long time for eBay to acknowledge the damage hack-gate did to sellers, and perhaps provide some level of compensation.

I'm beginning to suspect that won't happen.

I keep waiting for a sign that I matter, that the money I give to eBay each month matters. That I'm not just one of a million faces.

Naive I know.

It's a big corporation and I am a very, very, very, very, very small fish in this pond.

As I write this, I'm not even sure what I want. A pat on the head as opposed to a kick in the #$% I suppose.

Thanks for listening.   🙂

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

"I keep waiting for some good news."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIX4Zo_r1Qk

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I was skeptical at first, but she really gets going at the one-minute mark.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

This time it was more than a "legacy members" issue. I originally registered on .ca !  I just received the email and still nothing in my messages.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Got my email at 09:13 PST, ebay message at 15:30 PST...

Message 15 of 15
latest reply