MY LISTINGS DO NOT SHOW UP IN SEARCHES ! AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG ?

ever since ebay switched to the new listing items format  i have noticed  then when i check my items  by typing in keywords about the item listed it does not show up ,  what shows up is tons of  similar or same items  from other sellers  , this  happens on all or most  of my listings  .  i contacted e bay support to complain about it  and  no solution  was given .

as a result   !  litle or no sales ,   if my items do not show up  on searches how can it sell if nobody sees them .

all this started when e bay made the new  terrible  listing items format .

I HATE IT !

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Which Search are you using?

While Best Match is the default, Lowest Price is very popular.

So are Newly Listed and About to Close.

Personally my go to is Highest Price Plus Shipping, because it's faster to drill down to my price point than to wade through hundreds of cheap but misdescribed, poorly made, and sketchey listings. But I suspect I am close to alone in that.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You seem to have been away from selling for some time.  That alone will put you lower in Search than someone who has been selling steadily.

I did notice a lot of your 42 listings have many Watchers. Now, watchers watch and buyers buy, but are you able to compare your Watched items to others being offered? Is there a difference in price, description, ToS?

If you are going to constantly tell a customer that there is "no warranty of any kind" you are turning them off before they even get to the description, when you reiterate that there is "no warranty of any kind".

You must be aware, having been on eBay since 2004, that you may not have a warranty, and even brand new products sold online by unauthorized dealers have no warranty, so no big deal there, BUT you do not have a No Refunds policy.

If your customer is unhappy with his purchase, you will be refunding. You can demand the return of the item, but you will likely be paying return shipping or abandoning it, but you will be refunding.

Think about how you can rewrite your Description to soften the 'no warranty'.  Even "as is /for parts" doesn't seem to be useful for sellers anymore, though I could be wrong on that.

And seriously, don't use Surface shipping. It is too expensive for what you get. By the time it arrives, your customer will have been refunded for late delivery and you may even get a Defect. If the overseas customer wants and needs the Thing and cannot find it in his own country, he will pay for Air Mail shipping to get it promptly.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Sometimes eBay's search does weird things. You could check that your items are in the same category as the top searches for your term.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Just did a Best Match search for “Jensen Tweeters” on my phone. One of your listings was halfway down the first of two pages of results.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

"For parts or not working" parts can work if you are in a category that has that as a condition option and you select it, and then state that and "untested" in the title and the description.    This is the feedback I have gotten from vintage audio and radio guys that have pushed back and actually won some INRs for as is/parts items.  But you have to have a category that provides the "For parts or not working" as an option for condition.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I searched for a couple of your items and was able to find them.  Could you give a specific item (s) that you can't find so that we can look for it.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Adblocking software can prevent some promoted listings from showing up. It depends on what software you use, and what browser you use. It seems to change all the time. One week, it will block listings. Other weeks, it won't.

You can open an incognito mode on your browser. This will bypass any add ons you have. Then search for your listings. If they show up when you do this the problem likely has to do with adblocking. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@ilikehockeyjerseys wrote:

Adblocking software can prevent some promoted listings from showing up. It depends on what software you use, and what browser you use. It seems to change all the time. One week, it will block listings. Other weeks, it won't.

You can open an incognito mode on your browser. This will bypass any add ons you have. Then search for your listings. If they show up when you do this the problem likely has to do with adblocking. 

An observation I have been seeing very frequently when I do a search of items sold, including either ship to my location and/or ship to canada only everything coming up are US listings. Canada comes up very rarely(like spotting a flying piglet), and that includes what I am seeing from International sellers. Starting to think this is what buyers see when they search for an item to buy. USA highest ranked items.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I've heard that as well although one of the eBay reps recently said that wasn't the case as ad blockers block pop ups, not static listings.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I have 42,000 items on ebay and when I check from another account and go to My store says 15,000 items so somehow 27,000 items just aren't showing up
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I can absolutely confirm that some type of adblock software can block sponsored listings.

I had the exact same issue, where I was baffled that I couldn't find a listing of mine. Incognito/Private browsing disables extensions. When browsing in Incognito (both signed in and out of eBay), I would see the listing. I also tested this on other listings from random sellers in very specific niches where it would pop up.

Usually what will happen is that you will search something, it will say there are 3 results, but you will only see 2 on the screen. 

The thing is that this seems to come and go. It will happen one day, and not happen the other day. So it might have to do with eBay's internal site, or it might have to do with the specific browser/adblock software. I don't know how prevalent of a problem it is. The way to fix it would be to go back to the old system where a sponsored listing would be shown twice in the search. Once in the boosted sponsored location, and once in the location it would have been in had it not been sponsored. In that scenario, the seller doesn't benefit from sponsored listings, but they also are not penalized. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply