Made label on Shippo Canada post wants alternative payment info

Hello Guys yesterday i created a label on shippo to send a item to ontario. Label printed off fine all is good until today i take the item to Canada post and they want me to provide a alternative payment method and pay counter rates. I have contacted shippo about this but i am wondering if any one here has experience with this issue.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@jm-computers-and-tech wrote:

...created a label on shippo to send a item to ontario. Label printed off fine all is good until today i take the item to Canada post and they want me to provide a alternative payment method and pay counter rates. I have contacted shippo about this  ...

What does the Canada Post website show for the Shippo tracking number?

Canada Post office or a postal outlet?

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This doesn't make any sense. I work as a Canada Post clerk and we would never ask for "alternative payment methods" and for you to "pay counter rates".

Literally all we do is scan in the item and that's it. We don't measure/weigh it or anything. The only possible way the clerk would be asking you for things like this is if the computer threw up some error - I haven't had anyone come by with a Shippo label yet so I can't comment on how exactly the computer recognizes them, but they should be no different than any of the other multitude of ways to ship a label.

Can you walk step by step what you actually did that resulted in the clerk telling you this? I assume you showed up with the label printed out and properly affixed to the parcel? What did you say to the clerk when you got to the counter?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Why hand it over the counter?

You have your confirmation information.

Just drop it into the nearest mailbox.

EASY.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Read this announcement for advice from Ebay Canada about how to handle postal workers who cannot seem to accept a Shippo label. 

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/06/30/8023/

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 8.56.48 PM.png

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've had similar issues with Shippo Lables printed for parcels for Canada delivery (no issues with US packages scanning).  Even when the clerks do the suggested work around of using commercial and checking "supplier account" as recommended from the Canada Post Help desk...the parcels don't show as scanned on the Canada Post website  - VERY frustrating... I have no confidence that if I dropped it in a box they'd scan properly . Some of these packages are time sensitive xpresspost and now no way to see where they are .

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

How long ago did you get the items scanned? I'm just wondering if it has been hours or more than a day.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply