Mail returned to sender because of "insufficient postage" - Can I simply add the missing postage?

Hey guys,

From time to time I'll get some order shipped with stamps returned to me because I made a mistake and didn't put enough stamps (sometimes it's a Canada Post error too).

When it happens, can I simply add the missing postage (stamps) on the envelope or are the stamps on it void at that point (they're usually marked with a pen at that point, just a line across the stamp).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mail returned to sender because of "insufficient postage" - Can I simply add the missi

That's the carrier, or the pickup guy, hand cancelling with a ballpoint pen.

Philatelists hate that.

Make up the correct value, chuck it into a box , the heavily used one outside the PO or in a commercial area for preference and Robert is your mother's brother.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mail returned to sender because of "insufficient postage" - Can I simply add the missi

I've done it and the shipment has been delivered.

But if you are concerned, consider how much the added postage will cost you compared to your customer's unhappiness at late delivery.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks!

And do you remember if there was some kind of pencil line on the stamp when you did it?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That's the carrier, or the pickup guy, hand cancelling with a ballpoint pen.

Philatelists hate that.

Make up the correct value, chuck it into a box , the heavily used one outside the PO or in a commercial area for preference and Robert is your mother's brother.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Will do! Thank you so much 😃

Message 5 of 5
latest reply