Managed Payments - Sell and receive in USD Dollars, option doesnt work here we go again.....

Got an email this morning that says I can receive ebay.com USD sales to my Canadian USD chequing account: https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/fees-payments/usd-payouts.html

BUT.....

Because I clicked on the managed payments link in the past (but didn't complete registration) the prompt for currency doesn't come up. 

So, now they tell me I can accept USD dollars, but I still can't register. LOL!!!!! I expect my account will have to register for CAD, and I will have to create a new account for USD! LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Managed Payments - Sell and receive in USD Dollars, option doesnt work here we go again.....

Good luck getting help with MP when your not actually in MP, but maybe they'd take your call.

As suspected by most, their currency solution is not practical unless the seller lists exclusively on DOTcom. Apparently those lucrative exchange fees are just too attractive to risk losing, so no solution of any kind offered for non business accounts. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I guess folks will need to have 2 Ebay selling accounts, 1 for .com and one for .ca.  Open free separate US dollar accounts.  Perhaps even get a free phone number from Fongo , etc. to have some different contact info.   

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@groupbreakhits I've reviewed your account and pm'ed you with next steps on how to fix this for you. Please let me know. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@simeovivia0, any chance you can help me as well? I am in a similar situation as I am locked into CAD payouts and the promt to select currency never came up for me. I am registered as a business but I never got the prompt, I almost sell exclusively in the US so not being able to get USD payouts really hurts me and would push me to sell on other platforms moving forward.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply