Managed Payments: consequences of the ebay.ca or ebay.com question?

So apparently after my MP fiasco I am now able to register on the app (not on the website though, odd).

Anyway one of the first questions is this:

Screenshot_20210720-145032_Chrome_01.jpg

Now technically my answer should be the first one. I enjoy that my ebay.ca listings show up on the .com site (I think?) and I get a lot of US buyers, but I'm never specifically posting on the ebay.com site.

That said, is there any reason to not choose the 2nd option for greater future flexibility?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Managed Payments: consequences of the ebay.ca or ebay.com question?

The questions relate to the CURRENCY of your Payouts. If you select the .ca only button you will be directly into opening a Managed Payments account in CA Dollars.

If you select the other option you will probably be directed to another page where you can choose between US Doillar and CA Dollar payouts.

If you list primariliy or exclusively on  .ca then pick that choice. This does not in any way restrict the sites you could list on in the future but once you have made the payout currency choice it is permanent. In the future if you list on  .com  eBay will convert your sales proceeds to Canadian Dollars for Payout.

Given you currently list on  .ca the first choice is the one you should make.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Managed Payments: consequences of the ebay.ca or ebay.com question?

The questions relate to the CURRENCY of your Payouts. If you select the .ca only button you will be directly into opening a Managed Payments account in CA Dollars.

If you select the other option you will probably be directed to another page where you can choose between US Doillar and CA Dollar payouts.

If you list primariliy or exclusively on  .ca then pick that choice. This does not in any way restrict the sites you could list on in the future but once you have made the payout currency choice it is permanent. In the future if you list on  .com  eBay will convert your sales proceeds to Canadian Dollars for Payout.

Given you currently list on  .ca the first choice is the one you should make.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply