Managed payments debacle

portfelt
Community Member

I have been selling for 14 yrs and since I didn't immediately sign up for their new payment plan have been unable to list any new items for sale.  In the past two weeks I have called live support 6 times and all I get are promises and no action on removing restrictions on my account. Apparently it is an ebay software problem.  Bunch of amateurs who implimented this plan.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Managed payments debacle

Yikes. Today they started to not collect Canadian tax on my listings... **bleep**?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

EBay will not send payments to my Bank( sold an item on June 4th still waiting after 11 days).  They sent 2 emails saying moeny has been transferred, bunch of BS and lies. Loss money.  Customer service =zero help.  "we are sorry" won't help at all.  I guess they hired the same computer idiots that designed the Phoenix payment system of the Canadian Federal Government ( for the public servants).  

This debacle is the end of my journey with Ebay as a seller.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

@hold.your.own.media 

Do you mean eBay is not collecting GST on your fees?
Or are you registered to collect it yourself and eBay is not adding that on to your invoices?

This could be important enough to start a new thread.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

Not fee related. Literally they're dropping the ball on not charging out taxes to buyers properly. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

Under site preferences --> selling --> selling preferences is your sales tax table still setup with appropriate Canadian taxes? Wondering if that got wiped out maybe.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

I have noticed sometimes on my sales it will show not collected, but when you add the numbers up and what tax should have been there that yes its been colelcted. Just some parts of ebay don't show it has been

This is from the Selelr Hub
Item subtotalC $34.97
ShippingC $3.45
Sales taxC $0.00 (4.99 was collected)
DiscountC $0.00
Total C $43.41

On the old ebay section I can still access thankfully as its much nicer to use but thats a different issue, it shows

Order total

Subtotal C $34.97
Sales tax C $4.99
Shipping C $3.45
Total C $43.41

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

Are these imaginary examples or two similar purchases with different billing?

• Imaginary isn't a criticism, I just want to be clear that this is an example not "reality".

Are both purchases going to the same US state?

If one is going to New York which has state sales tax and the other to Oregon which does not, then the $4.99 sales tax is a passthrough, with both PP and MP.

We are charged fees on the sales tax ** by both PP and MP .

There should be on the MP invoice, the 10.2% eBay FVF on your sale and its shipping.

This was charged separately by eBay at month end, when they used PP for payment processing.

** Which is Standard Practice. If you have ever had a merchant credit card account, you will remember that we pay fees on those sales taxes too.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

This is the same sale to a Canadian customer in Ontario HST 13% as I charge GST/HST.

I have no issues with ebay adding the tax onto the fees when they take my fees lol.

Not sure what the original posters issue is exactly, was just showing that depending where you look at the information it can "appear" to show 0.00 for sale tax collected (GST/HST as per my tax table) when in reality you look elsewhere and it does show. It doesnt happen on every sale either just randomly it shows 0.00 in the seller hub under the order tab. Maybe an intermitent glitch?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

Have you signed up for Managed Payments now?  If you have been told to sign up for MP and you haven't they won't take off the restrictions on your account. You can't list anything new until you sign up.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

1ST WEEK OF MP FOR ME:

-It took 24 hours for the 1st money transfer from eBay to appear in my bank account (weekly cash-out). NO ISSUE

-Transferred the US funds to my CAD account immediately afterward with a fair rate. NO ISSUE

-Fees are tough to look at, and I'm not a huge fan of how they're broken down on order pages, but whatever, it's not that bad. Just takes getting used to. NO ISSUE

-I finally decided to switch to being a Premium Store 2 days ago (vs just a standard seller). Fee structure looks way better for me, and regret not doing this sooner. NO ISSUE

-Sales appear to have been in-line with previous weeks, not busier or slower. NO ISSUE

-I still handle all Canada Post labels in-store, and not through eBay or another online source. NO ISSUE 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

Didn't get wiped out, just a small glitch with eBay.com (see image).eBay.jpg

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Managed payments debacle

This happens to me on .ca sometimes so I think its a glitch of some sort.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply