Marketing Tools Promotions Manager replacing Markdown Manager - and DOESN'T WORK yet!!

I cannot believe (or maybe I can) that eBay would roll this program out to replace markdown manager, but not think ahead that maybe Canada would like to be included? Or at the very least make sure that this works before pushing the button to activate it. 

Markdown manager worked just fine, and as of this week is no longer available.

Oh, and by the way, nor is Promotions Manager which is conveniently down for maintenance. Somebody from eBay address this please. This is absolute rubbish. If you can't get the flippin' thing to work, at least revive Markdown Manager. 

Anyone???? (your customer service reps on the help line are totally lost and thrown under the bus - no clue - because this works fine for eBay.com, they have no answers)

Come on eBay. As sellers we are required to uphold stellar service levels (and frankly I for one am happy to do so), but your service level continues to blow my mind for being so far below the bar that if you were rating yourselves you'd likely suspend yourselves. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Marketing Tools Promotions Manager replacing Markdown Manager - and DOESN'T WORK yet!!

Why the heck does even the Promotions Manager link STILL not work after all this time? We can only create new sales, we can't edit or view existing ones. There is no excuse for this.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Marketing Tools Promotions Manager replacing Markdown Manager - and DOESN'T WORK yet!!

kxfan1
Community Member

I called a week ago and the girl i had on the line was lost. But when she tried to create a sale herself (she had her own Ebay account) it didn't work for her either. I don't know if she was in Canada or not, though. But at least she was kind enough to listen to me. I called again this week-end and the dude on the line didn't seem interested at all in what i had to say. He just re-sent the ticket that was created last week. Still haven't heard anything.

Ebay doesn't even care enough to acknowledge that there is a problem. Or even at least tell us how long it will take to fix it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi @cdbasement @kxfan1 @wonsxela,

The site will redirect you based on your store registration site. If you registered your account on eBay.ca but have an eBay Store registered on eBay.com, it’s possible that you may be redirected to the eBay.com experience as you use the tool. This is an expected result, but you can bookmark the Canadian dashboard if you prefer that experience. The opposite is also true if you list on eBay.com but have an eBay Store registered on eBay.ca, you can bookmark your US experience, too.

Your dashboard in the new experience can be found at the URL below—you may wish to bookmark it for future reference. We’re working on making it easier to get to:

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

We’ve also put together some FAQs based on the feedback we’ve tracked so far: http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/11/15/8077/

Thank you for selling on eBay!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

kxfan1
Community Member
Thanks.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the information, but why in the world couldn't they change the link I pointed out above to actually work? That would take, what, less than a minute to code? Who the heck launches a feature without even providing links to it that work and that you don't have to go searching for?

And no, I sell on both sites and am based on ebay.ca, but I get that error message when I try to access the Promotions Manager from ebay.ca. There is absolutely no excuse for a simple link not working for such an important feature.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have been able to use the promotions manager. but only for 500 items each promo and only items listed on ebay.ca. I cannot create a sale for items listed on ebay.com.

I created two sales for a total of 1000 items at 50% off. Now only 787 are showing as on sale and I have sold 1 item. Where did the other 212 go?

In addition, emails are no longer being sent to my newsletter subscribers. So no one knows I have a sale.

Seem like a waste of time to create promos if nobody can see them and not being able to create a sale for my US items is a real drag at this time of year.

Overall, my sales have dropped 70% in 2017. Meanwhile, my fees have increased.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply