May 2: Canada Post fuel surcharge increase

On Monday May 2 the fuel surcharge increases (so save some money by  buying labels on Sunday instead of waiting until Monday).  Flat rate boxes become a better deal on Monday (no increase for them at this point).

Domestic: rises 4.5% to 31.0%

April was up 4.5%, March was up 3.5%, February had no change.

USA/Int'l Packet is up 2.25% to 16.75%

USA/Int'l Parcel is up 2.25% to 18.75%

Priority Worldwide is up 6.5% to 22.5%  (Canada Post uses FedEx for this service)

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/sending/rates-dimensions/fuel-surcharges-on...

I do not expect a sharp increase for June as the Russia-Ukraine war effect on fuel prices has been factored in. 

-;-

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yikes!   Plus a reminder - not a good idea to buy your label from ebay shipping this week - it will show at the lower current rate but they likely won't remove the shipping label fee from your account untill after  May 2 and it will be at the new rates.

They have delayed billing on labels and can't seem to remove the shipping label cost right away - sometimes it happens in a few days but I have had some take as long as 4 weeks to be billed and if the rates have changed in the meantime, it is your loss.

I have complained but it falls on deaf ears so I now just use CP snapship - not as convenient but far less frustrating.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thanks for the heads up on gas tx increase - i will start to use those boxes more -  cause even with my discount card at the post office its usually a break-even thing  up till now --cause you can't use your discount card on those boxes with those boxes saving money  even a little ---as of may 1st i can see that they will be the best way to go . even to send tiny tiny items to places  bc or nb  or even nfld - the  big three when it comes postage rates it makes no sense but its the way it is 

with postage rates taking up from 20 to 25 % of my income on items and ebay charging me 24-26% to use the site ( mind you i use  promo listings that doesn't help the bottom line  but i finding a necessary evil to sell here )it leaves very little - thank heavens my inventory depreciations  at 20 % per year and based over the cost of the year - its really the only income i clear - my other expenses supplies/locker to store things etc-gas to get to post office  related to this business model come to  5%to7%- so my tax refund - is what saves me from a red income year i can see why now only people who get things for free or as near to possible free can make any money here - with returns and out right fraud as they are its  costing you alot of your profits

BUT i made my bed and now wish i could have slept somewhere else (joke )-  and invested two years  ago differently- maybe gold or bit coins   and now that all those previous illegal gambling sites are legal- here now  --maybe i should invest in those but wait i don't have any thing left to invest/gamble  but it is what it is-  --------again thanks for the update --   

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm not too familiar with CP fuel surcharges... will this apply to stamps as well? Will the price of stamps increase from $0.92 on May 2 is what I mean. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The fuel surcharge does not affect stamps.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply