Maybe it's time ebay stopped teasing sellers with Turbo Lister

I've never used Turbo Lister but I know it's being retired.

So then why is it still being flogged on our Seller Pages?

The link makes no mention it's been axed.

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 8.54.15 PM.png

Like nothing could ever go wrong if you decided to try Downloading it.....

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 8.57.02 PM.png

No mention it's done like dinner. 

So silly.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Because eBay.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's still available but broken as always. Coincidentally I happened to be using it today to backup listings ahead of moving everything to non-active templates and the authentication to link it to your ebay account was horribly broken. Only took 5 or 6 attempts to finally get it to connect.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I was able to use it TL this evening with no problem. I was able to upload items to my stores.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What was the official date given for its retirement? June 1 comes to mind but I don't have the Announcement at hand.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

I was able to use it TL this evening with no problem. I was able to upload items to my stores.

That would make sense. When you run it the first time on a fresh install it needs to authenticate your login/be granted permission to access your data. If you already have it setup it should be working fine, this just happened in my case as it was a fresh install on a new machine. The only time I drag it out to use is when any sort of mass editing is required and need to back up all the listings, which thankfully is only when someone in marketing  decides things like the forced currency switch and active content changes are required.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'm sure that I read that the time was being extended but can't recall where I saw that.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply