Migration tool finally working

I just change one of my accounts to .com and to my big surprise , it was easy. I heard that they improved the tool but hey I wasn't expecting that they really did improve it.

The only thing I am wondering is, what am I supposed to do with the .ca account? Just leave it?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Migration tool finally working

It could be an issue with the migration tool "remembering" your last browser session log in. Try to close all your browser windows/tabs and log into the tool with the account in question - that may do the trick.  

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Maybe I spoke too soon. I am trying to now go to my other account to move that as well, but the tool doesn't want to recognize the listings in that account and keeps showing me the listings of the account that I successfully moved.

I have tried logging in and out but doesn't seem to want to except my account for some reason. Something stupid Im sure but so far it's gotten the best of me.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

The migration tool doesn't move your account it simply moves your listings so you don't 'do' anything with your account.  If the listings are moved to .com and are now listed there, you have to end the listings that were originally listed here so that you don't have duplicate listings. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Just wondering ............

Can we still list on both sites ?

Canadian site in Canadian dollars and US site in US dollars 

Might have been asked before but I may have missed it.

Still deciding which way to go ,we have til June 12 keep listing in US dollars ?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

"Can we still list on both sites ?  Canadian site in Canadian dollars and US site in US dollars "

YES.  That is what many Canadian sellers have been doing for years and will continue to do.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Thanks Pierre !

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Or am I misunderstanding you?

I have 4 accounts. I was successful with one of my accounts.

Now I am trying to move listing from my 2nd account, but everytime I go on the migration tool , I see listings from my first account. I been trying to get them off by resigning in and out but they don't want to go away

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

It could be an issue with the migration tool "remembering" your last browser session log in. Try to close all your browser windows/tabs and log into the tool with the account in question - that may do the trick.  

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

The MIgration Tool  finally did work.

But...

Then it committed suicide.....

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

That did it. Deleted all my cache and browsing data . Thanks A bunch

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Back on track.....  More good news

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Yeah, it seems to be taking longer and longer for selected listings to show up in the Drafts folder. It is definitely straining under the load 🙂

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Once upon a time Bulk Edit was introduced to eBay sellers....

and it took a while to work out the kinks.....  Today it works very well....

I suspect the same will apply to the Migration Tool... Some adjustment is needed.

Unfortunately...

Who will need the Migration Tool beyond today?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Well, it would be nice if they kept it available well into the future. It could be useful for sellers who have a change of heart and wish to move some or all of their .ca listings to .com.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Or Ebay may introduce Canadian dollar and US dollar as the currency available on.ca in the future. LOL

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Eureeka!! I finally got it all done. Honestly having to move all the accounts to .com was easier than I thought . Once you get the hang of it. 

Its going to feel weird for a while getting use to .com but its unfortunately what I needed to do to keep listing in USD. Otherwise I had no problem staying on.ca. What Ebay.ca wanted I guess.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Just kinda wondering - what happens to my listing if I don't convert them to Canadian dollars. Do they just disappear on the last day and float off into the ether?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

You have until August to change gtc listings. They won't automatically renew in August.

If you have 30 days listings, they will run until the end of the 30 days but you won't be able to relist them after the deadline.

I doubt that they will float away....I'm sure you will be able to find them in your unsold items file. 🙂

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Well, I have tried the migration tool twice now, first time I got 761 listings (only have 343), the second time I figured out only to move the Active listings but still got duplicates.  How do I change USD to CAD?  Thought it was supposed to convert them for me?  When I was ready to submit the drafts noticed they were still in USD.  I did watch the Webinar and it seemed simpler than this.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply