Money back on shipping

This is the best time of the year to check anything that has a tracking # to make sure they made it on time. The volume of packages is to much for Canada Post to handle. I already have 3 packages that will be refunded.

Good luck.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Money back on shipping

Same here. I have refunded about $100 worth of items within the last month in a half, for the small items I sell, that's a lot.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

I try to keep a fairly close eye on my orders as they move through the system and I have a large number in transit right now which is a source of some anxiety for both me and my buyers at present due to the likelihood of those orders being 'presents' from Santa for small children. If I had to ballpark it, I'd say 50 per cent of the items are arriving RIGHT on time, as in the very day they are guaranteed to arrive, with the remaining half split between getting to their destinations significantly early and getting to their destinations fairly late. 

At this time of year, the moment an order is placed, I take the buyer's postal code and check it against Delivery Standards to confirm the  chosen service will get it to them no later than the 23rd. I have a few outstanding orders that will be squeaking in, under the wire. Starting the first of December, I add a special block of text to all my 800+ listings to ensure everyone is aware (if they chose to be) of the deadline that Canada Post sets for certain services to select destinations and, since I offer same-day shipping, I make it mine too. Then I end ISV upgrades and shift to Tracked Packet from Small Packets Airmail. Soon, I will consider switching to Xpresspost as my first shipping choice on all listings domestically, but that is SUCH a pain in the butt because it ends all Markdowns too. 

I dearly wish ebay would help to facilitate stuff like this. The 'one to seven business days' for calculated shipping via Expedited doesn't cut it. A buyer sees it and thinks, 'I'm feeling lucky. I live in Labrador but maybe it will arrive overnight' not 'Oh, I better chose Xpresspost because the seller is in Winnipeg' and by allowing calculated costs to show, one would assume it is also demonstrating accurate delivery times. The buyers choosing Xpresspost right now are the ones who could still get away with Expedited. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

Nah, it's probably closer to between 10 and 15 per cent arriving late with the rest on time or early. Early in about ten to 15 per cent of cases too. Most are right on time. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

Do you think I could get my money back for them having caused me aggravation by not updating this until Dec. 20? Plus, somehow it was delivered twice. How does that happen? And delivered the first time before even arriving in its destination. 

2015/12/1814:07BRAMPTON, ONItem out for delivery  
 AMBRAMPTON, ONDelivered  
2015/12/1716:42BRAMPTON, ONItem out for delivery  
 13:57BRAMPTON, ONItem processed  
 AMBRAMPTON, ONDelivered  
2015/12/1619:50MISSISSAUGA, ONItem processed  
 19:50MISSISSAUGA, ONItem processed  
2015/12/1500:03WINNIPEG, MBIn transit   
2015/12/1421:33WINNIPEG, MBItem processed  
 20:50 Electronic information submitted by shipper.   
 16:23WINNIPEG, MBItem accepted at the Post Office
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

I don't that they will pay for you aggravation reasons. lol

Honestly, I rarely check tracking. If an item has gone missing, the buyer will let me know.  I can see sitting down and checking delivery dates later on for  postage refund purposes but it would just be too stressful to sit and watch to see when each item was delivered.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

I've been initiating traces on the parcels still MIA after their delivery date. Opening tickets, I find makes a difference and locates them fairly quickly. But, yes, I'm pulling my at hair almost every waking hour of the day now, of which there are many. Small children who expect Chick Hicks or The King or Holley Shiftwell from Santa are an unforgiving lot. Even if it's clearly a postal issues at fault for post-Christmas delivery, the parent in me cringes. My own brood is very young, very caring of toys, and I've a pile of young nieces and nephews who feel the same. I don't want sad children on my watch. I feel responsible even when I'm not.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

I had a brief stint working for Canada Post over the summer as a letter carrier, and let me tell ya, it's a gong show. They can't keep new employees because you have to memorize an entire city before you get good at your job, and since all they're hiring are "Temporary On-Call" LCs, most people aren't willing to put up with the stress before they actually get good. You get called in that morning, so by the time you get to work you're already behind, then you have to wander around a neighborhood attempting to deliver 50 lbs of letters  and small packets strapped to your hips while GPSing on your phone to figure out where the hell you are. The little PDTs you have to use to scan packages and update the tracking are GARBAGE - and not to mention the cold drains their batteries within sometimes minutes from 100 to 0. And the day doesn't end when 8 hours are up, no no. You gotta keep on trudging until you've delivered all your mail, whether that takes you 4 hours or 14 hours doesn't matter. And the next time you get called in, guess what - new neighbourhood! New route!  And you gotta do it all over again.

So basically what I'm saying is that there are a bunch of ill-informed, poorly trained new CP employees who have just been hired and tossed into the busiest time of year. I'm seeing the same sorts of issues with my parcels too. It sucks.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

May I ask what your hourly wage was?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

Around $19
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

That sounds absolutely MISERABLE. Nothing like torturing the new guy.

No wonder my letter carrier at home is always booking it.

A surprising number of my orders were delivered this morning, many ahead of schedule, so maybe they got through the worst of the glut. Fingers crossed.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Money back on shipping

I am officially clocking-out for Christmas; the last of my toys-in-transit was delivered an hour ago so finally I can rest at ease.

Thank you to Canada Post for successfully delivering every last one!

(I do, however, now have 12 open tickets for Late Delivery but we will overlook that at the moment.) 

Happy Holidays everyone.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply