Forum Posts

How do I stand with this transaction?

I sold an item last week, and yesterday, someone else purchased it, because it had stayed in my store. I have written and apologized and offered an alternative or to cancel. My questions are: Do I ask the buyer to request a cancellation?How do I stan...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Defect removal?

Hey all you beautiful, magnificent sellers,I thought I caught wind a few months back that defects would be removed as of Feb 20 as part of eBay's new "makeover", however I haven't noticed this to be true. I'm not too worried about it but just wonderi...

Anyone getting long delays with packages shipped to the USA?

I mailed two CD's on Feb 1st and neither buyer in the US have received them. I've never had this problem before. My only guess is the lady who processed the packages left off the Air Mail stickers. But I just thought I'd check and see if anyone else ...

• 25 replies
  • 0 helpful

how do i deal with this buyer?

hello i so i sold a s5 cell phone to this person, it worked great they got it 2 days after i shipped out few days later they open a case saying item wasnt as listed and wanted a refund! , so having this happen for the first time didnt know anything a...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping Defects Favors One thing only; China

I have had it with this late shipment Defect. This is going to be a rant so my spelling might not be to good. I ship all my products out within 24 hours.Ok I have a ton of issues with this., 1. It clearly states that delivery times are estimates. The...

Late shipping strike causes sad behaviour...

Today I looked up my latest late shipping defect.(reminder I sell stamps and only sell on .COM) Buyer is from Israel, always a worrisome country to get it delivered in the first place...buyer's feedback is positive. I can't see DSRs anymore, but I go...

• 46 replies
  • 0 helpful

sales down for febuary

is anyone else notice sale down in febuary,dec and jan were awesome months but this month im at 25 percent,i do know that the lack of free listings is part of the problem,so i opened a store so i could save money on listing prices,although i havent q...

Unrealistic delivery estimates

I know many have had a bad experiences with items coming from China but I feel really sorry for the good ones with this new shipping metric. I have ordered several items in the last few months from a variety of Chinese sellers and all of them have ar...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

free international shipping

Hello People,I just happened to look up one of my listings on the general search page on ebay.com (this is when you just type in a name and you get search results not individual item numbers) and noticed that it says FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING when ...

'Returns' rate in new Dashboard

Why do I see 'Returns' broken down in the new Dashboard? It says there are two for me which isn't actually true. I had two buyers open Return requests in December for reasons of remorse, and then fail to send anything back so I called Customer Servic...

• 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

US bank account for paypal

Anyone here withdrawing US funds from paypal to their Canadian US bank account? Right now im loosing alot of money in exchange fees because im unable to withdraw US funds to a Canadian Bank account. I heard if you have a RBC US bank account you can a...

Private Listing

In some of my listings, I had included the option to "keep buyer's identities private". Issue is, when they leave feedback for me, I have to go back and search by user name to see what the item was....ya ok, private to other buyers, but why is "view ...

Tracked Packet shipping to Poland?

Have a potential buyer from Poland asking about combined shipping cost from Canada. Wondering if anyone has any info about shipping there and does paypal have the option to print Tracked Packet labels to Poland yet? Any helpful info about experiences...

strange buyer... Need some feedback

Ok so I had someone buy an item on the 23rd 0 feedback , I I was going to ship it out then I realized the address was incomplete (missing street number) and messaged to get full address . He sent address apologizing and asking me to make sure I got i...

Little advice if you please

Hello, I plan on pushing our e-bay sales a little more, meaning that I will put in more hours dedicated to our e-bay sales. As I am not an experienced seller like most of you (most the time I feel like a noob), basically I just let things roll since ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer Requirements Activity Log question

Hello everyone,I was just checking my activity log and noticed a few buyers were blocked due to too many Unpaid item strikes. My question is, do they get a message about it? What i mean is, if they click to buy from me what does ebay tell them?Does e...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

TRS globally and in the US

Where do you fit if you make the TRS standard globally but don't make the cut off in the US? Do you get the discount or not? It takes very little to not make .05% if you do not have thousands of transactions

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Good News Buyer Refund Story For A Change

I sold an item to a buyer back on the 4th December. He sent me a e-mail yesterday morning that he had not received the item and he was in Maine so it was not far away. He said he was going to file a INR if he had not received in the mail it so I sent...

• 3 replies
  • 6 helpful

Money back on shipping

This is the best time of the year to check anything that has a tracking # to make sure they made it on time. The volume of packages is to much for Canada Post to handle. I already have 3 packages that will be refunded. Good luck.

'Confessions of an eBay Scammer?' Uh.... I'm not sure what to think about this industry blog post

Did you guys see this today? http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2015/12/1450839298.html I'll get you started: Tue Dec 22 2015 21:54:58What Are Your eBay Confessions?By: Ina Steiner "My name is Joey and I'm a recovering eBay scammer." Wh...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Federal Government Rejects Canada Post Five Cent Increase!

According to a news story today in the Toronto Star (Business section) the federal government has rejected Canada Post request to increase domestic postal rate from $0.85 to $0.90 http://www.pressreader.com/canada/toronto-star/20151217/28244993797574...

Need help with late shipping question?

On Oct 17/15, I sold a CD to a buyer – Item 191712527304. The buyer was having the item shipped to the US were it would then be reshipped to him in Kazakhstan, where he lives and works. I don’t ship to Kazakhstan but I do ship to the US. I shipped ou...

Labels