If every buyer and seller left you Positive feedback, what would be your total?

I just thought it would be interesting to see what the total would have been. 

I counted up all my positive feedback from sellers and I had 263.  Most sellers gave feedback.

I made 1,432 sales since I started and if they counted every one.  I have a lot of repeat buyers but not a lot of combined shipping so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.  Only 942 gave feedback, so missing 490 feedback.  (Only 66% of my buyers gave feedback.) That percentage goes down every year, fewer buyers leave feedback for anyone.  

My grand total would be 1,695 and I am at 1,083.  

What would yours be?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I haven't done the math but it's less than 40% of buyers gave me feedback. Which to me is fine. Seems like buyers are less and less leaving feedbacks these days.

The question here is if everyone gave feedbacks, how many of those feedbacks could contain negatives or neutrals. There are those that are unhappy with their transaction and will leave a negative and then there those that may not be happy with the transaction, but for whatever their reason don't give a negative/ neutral. They  just live with it.

I know I have made some purchases that I wasn't totally happy with , but it wasn't worth the effort to send back and/or leaving a negative feedback

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

"I haven't done the math but it's less than 40% of buyers gave me feedback"

I did and your numbers work out to more than 50%.  Not bad.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I just thought it would be interesting to see what the total would have been. 

Yes, I've often wished eBay would show a "completed transactions" total up front, rather than a FB total.  I'm pretty much stalled in the 700's for some time now, considering the rate I'm currently able to sell and the rather poor FB percentage from buyers these days.  

However, your post prompted me to take a look at my "Feedback left for others" tab.  Since I know I always leave FB for every transaction, this number is a much more realistic reflection of my transaction history on eBay.  Currently it's 2,734 -- and that's just on this ID.  That's quite a difference from the displayed FB score! 

The bottom line is that the displayed FB score really doesn't accurately portray a seller's eBay experience.  

And I think that is something buyers look at when making a decision to purchase, especially if they are in the U.S. purchasing from a Canadian. 

I do note, with a wry smile, that eBay has finally seen fit to give me a "Longtime Member" banner on my listings, which is some consolation, although I have no idea what their definition of a longtime member is.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"That's quite a difference from the displayed FB score! "

That is correct for all sellers who sell multiple items to the same buyer or buy from the same seller in a one week period (Monday to Sunday)

The feedback rating (displayed score) is calculated on the basis on "1" only for all transactions during a one week period.  So if you receive ten feedback in one week from a seller, the rating (displayed score) will go up by "1" only.

Under this ID you are mostly a buyer so it is difficult to calculate your ratio of feedback received as a seller.

Over all you have given 2,734 feedback and received 2,506

Since 392 were received as a seller and projecting that all feedback missing is from buyers, your overall ratio in the last fourteen years would be 63% (most likely a bit more)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply